Author Topic: 3.0 Bugs  (Read 17252 times)

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2008, 11:55:09 AM »
Quote from: "Hagar"
The Technology Report screen (CNTL-F7) does not have Shields, Thermal Sensors, or EM Detection Sensors available in the Category pull down list.

Added for v3.1

Steve
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by SteveAlt »

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2008, 12:19:36 PM »
Quote from: "Pete_Keller"
Copy orders does not copy conditional order a.

That is a feature rather than a bug :). The basic copy order just copies the standard orders list. Checking the Special checkbox (the default checkbox in v3.1) also adds default orders. I have now added a Conditional checkbox, allowing you to also copy all conditions and conditional orders to sub-fleets as well

Steve

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2008, 12:24:06 PM »
Quote from: "Erik Luken"
When awarding medals -

Shows the history line as "January 1, 500Awarded..." Other lines read "January 1, 500: Assigned..."

Should add the colon and space for conformity.

Corrected for v3.1

Steve

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2008, 12:27:23 PM »
I created some images for medals I wanted to create. I gave them descriptive names such as M_SurveyPip.jpg. The program throws an error saying it cannot find Medals/yPip.jpg.

However I can go into the DB and put in the proper filename and it gets recognized.

All the medals are named M###.jpg where ### is a three digit number. This is so the program can recognize a medal picture and can select one at random by generating the number. If you want to add more medals, you will need to use the same naming convention as the existing ones.

Steve

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2008, 12:30:58 PM »
Initial range was 45k with the Hathari (Side 1), orbiting a moon of the Darkmoor planet (Side 2). The Hathari opened fire with 2 salvoes of 4 AS-1 Glaive. At that point, the Darkmoor opened fire and closed to 20,000 km. The Tatsumaki were configured for PD. With no fire from the Wodens, the Darkmoor closed to 0 km. After the first Woden blew, the Tatsumaki were reconfigured to fire offensively. Neither the Wodens or the Tatsumakis ever fired once even though Active sensors were active on both sides, and firing orders were given, along with targeting information.

Both sides could see each other, as I kept getting tech scan events. The Darkmoors collected around 400pts on Fuel Efficiency 1 during the battle.
Is there something I'm missing completely, or is this some bizarre bug?

Time for a stupid question :)

Did you press Open Fire for the ships after you setup all the targeting information. Also, you may need to press open fire again if a target is destroyed. In v3.0 once a ship can no longer detect its target, it ceases firing automatically.

Steve

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2008, 12:32:36 PM »
Did a refit, stripped out slow (90sec refire) missile launchers to be replaced with faster ones. The F8 combat screen and event logs show both the older, and the newer ones, though the F5 screen only shows the newer launchers, as does the F6 screen.

Interesting. Did you use these ships in combat before refitting them? There may be something in the weapon assignment code that is hanging around after the refit. I will check it out.

Steve

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
(No subject)
« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2008, 12:58:59 PM »
Quote from: "SteveAlt"
Initial range was 45k with the Hathari (Side 1), orbiting a moon of the Darkmoor planet (Side 2). The Hathari opened fire with 2 salvoes of 4 AS-1 Glaive. At that point, the Darkmoor opened fire and closed to 20,000 km. The Tatsumaki were configured for PD. With no fire from the Wodens, the Darkmoor closed to 0 km. After the first Woden blew, the Tatsumaki were reconfigured to fire offensively. Neither the Wodens or the Tatsumakis ever fired once even though Active sensors were active on both sides, and firing orders were given, along with targeting information.

Both sides could see each other, as I kept getting tech scan events. The Darkmoors collected around 400pts on Fuel Efficiency 1 during the battle.
Is there something I'm missing completely, or is this some bizarre bug?
Time for a stupid question :)

Did you press Open Fire for the ships after you setup all the targeting information. Also, you may need to press open fire again if a target is destroyed. In v3.0 once a ship can no longer detect its target, it ceases firing automatically.

Steve

I did. I was using the Fleet Open Fire, rather than the individual ships, if that makes a difference.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Erik Luken »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
(No subject)
« Reply #112 on: June 09, 2008, 01:00:53 PM »
Did a refit, stripped out slow (90sec refire) missile launchers to be replaced with faster ones. The F8 combat screen and event logs show both the older, and the newer ones, though the F5 screen only shows the newer launchers, as does the F6 screen.
Interesting. Did you use these ships in combat before refitting them? There may be something in the weapon assignment code that is hanging around after the refit. I will check it out.

Steve

Yes. The Hathari and Darkmoor have had 4 or 5 clashes. Well. Okay. The Hathari have smashed the Darkmoor fleets 4 or 5 times.

There was something I did that cleaned it up. I can't recall exactly what now, but I think it might have been a complete reassignment of fire controls.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
(No subject)
« Reply #113 on: June 09, 2008, 01:27:23 PM »
I don?t know if this realy is a bug, as it seems to be caused by myself doing something realy stupid.

I had a couple of colony ships returning from a 1.5 year or so trip, being down to like 3 of 5 spares, so, while on route to my HW, I ordered them to undergo a minor refit (I read only later, that the freight facility would provide a free major refit). The ships entered minor refit, but never came out of it.
After about 1.5 years, I deleted the ships and OOBed new ones.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Hawkeye »
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
(No subject)
« Reply #114 on: June 09, 2008, 01:39:03 PM »
Quote from: "Hawkeye"
I don?t know if this realy is a bug, as it seems to be caused by myself doing something realy stupid.

I had a couple of colony ships returning from a 1.5 year or so trip, being down to like 3 of 5 spares, so, while on route to my HW, I ordered them to undergo a minor refit (I read only later, that the freight facility would provide a free major refit). The ships entered minor refit, but never came out of it.

I've had this happen too. I think it's a feature. ;)

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #115 on: June 09, 2008, 02:01:35 PM »

Assuming you mean minor overhaul, the maintenance facilities won't touch freighters as that would use up minerals unnecessarily so they will never be affected by the overhaul. If you find yourself in the same situation again, you can give them an Abandon Overhaul order. This takes a week for a minor overhaul and a month for a major overhaul.

For v3.1, I have added some code to prevent freighters entering the overhaul state in the first place. The user will be informed if this happens.

Steve

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
(No subject)
« Reply #116 on: June 09, 2008, 02:09:59 PM »

Steve

I have noticed that things tend to persist in the combat screen.  I hadn't run into this one, but I've had ships damaged in combat and then repaired, and the repairs don't show up on the combat screen (which still shows the damaged capabilities).  

Kurt
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Kurt »

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2008, 02:17:15 PM »

I have added a routine that removes any fire control, weapon, ECCM or missile assignments when a ship is refitted.

Steve

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
(No subject)
« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2008, 08:11:55 PM »
There is something definitely flaky with the colonist orders.

The Federation of Darkmoor found a nice system with a huge amount of minerals. The decision to colonize was made. I added a colony via the F9 screen on the planet, shipped 5000 infrastructure over and then gave the colony fleet the order to load colonists at 20m + and unload at < 15m. The systems are 2 jumps apart and the colony fleet includes a jump tender of sufficient size. However, I get events say "No acceptable destination in 4 jumps."

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
(No subject)
« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2008, 10:43:31 PM »

Assuming you mean minor overhaul, the maintenance facilities won't touch freighters as that would use up minerals unnecessarily so they will never be affected by the overhaul. If you find yourself in the same situation again, you can give them an Abandon Overhaul order. This takes a week for a minor overhaul and a month for a major overhaul.

For v3.1, I have added some code to prevent freighters entering the overhaul state in the first place. The user will be informed if this happens.

Steve

Doh!
I have been looking around the Task Group and the Ships window, searching for a button to cancle the overhaul (yes, i meant overhaul).
Never realized, I could simply order them to stop overhauling  

Talk about being stupid  :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Hawkeye »
Ralph Hoenig, Germany