Author Topic: Startup parameters and NPR creation  (Read 1378 times)

Offline VariousArtist (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
Startup parameters and NPR creation
« on: February 26, 2010, 11:04:11 AM »
Hello,

Im wondering if it has impact on the NPR creation when I change the startup parameters for a new game, e.g. colonists, labs and especially the starting tech points. So are NPRs adjusted or do I get an advantage if I start with more tech points than usual, for example?

thx for help

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Startup parameters and NPR creation
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 05:59:31 PM »
The only one that matters is 'Difficulty Modifier'.  At 100% NPRs will be pegged to your current stats at the time of their creation.  At 50%, they'll be half as strong as you, at 200% twice as strong, etc.  If you crank up your empire, any existing NPRs stay as they are, but any newly-generated ones take your increased strength as their baseline.

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 06:51:08 PM »
So just to be clear - when Icrank up my starting tech points any NPR generated at gamestart wont benefit from that but any NPR created afterwards will be related to my own strengh - is that right?

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 09:10:51 PM »
If you enter a larger number of research points on the 'Create Race' screen at the start of game then the (default 1) NPRs created at game start will take that into account and be  'better' (Since they're technically created after your empire).  If you create your empire normally, then use SM Mode on the (F2) 'Population & Production' window, 'Research' tab, to grant yourself extra technologies they won't.

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 09:31:13 AM »
Ok, got it! thanks alot Tim!