Author Topic: Displaying sensor range  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Napoleon XIX (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • N
Displaying sensor range
« on: June 26, 2011, 02:47:45 PM »
Reading through the forums, I cannot seem to find the answer.  How does one get the game to show active ship sensor and deep space tracking station ranges?

Thanks.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Displaying sensor range
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 02:55:27 PM »
Reading through the forums, I cannot seem to find the answer.  How does one get the game to show active ship sensor and deep space tracking station ranges?

Thanks.

For Active sensors, click the Show Active Sensor Ranges checkbox on the Sensors tab of the System Map. For passive sensors such as DSTS, click the Show Passive Sensor Ranges checkbox on the same tab and select the signature size you are trying to detect.

Steve

Offline Napoleon XIX (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • N
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 12:49:59 PM »
Ah, thanks.  Missed that tab.

I have moved on quite a bit and am now busy quelling unrest on Mars, my first manned colony.  How does one load units onto a troop transport? I can get all the way on the TG screen to choosing the units to load, but cannot actually load them.  Is it a problem with the design?

Steadfast class Troop Transport    20,700 tons     168 Crew     782 BP      TCS 414  TH 450  EM 0
1086 km/s     Armour 6-67     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
Maint Capacity 24 MSP    Max Repair 40 MSP
Troop Capacity: 5 Battalions    Cargo Handling Multiplier 10   

Civ Ion Engine E0. 8 (3)    Power 150    Fuel Use 8%    Signature 150    Armour 0    Exp 1%
Fuel Capacity 50,000 Litres    Range 54. 3 billion km   (578 days at full power)

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 01:10:59 PM »
theres kind of a wonky system where when you select the command "load ground units into transport bay" another box appears that you can select the units.  That means theres two boxes on the screen with the units' names in them.  Its the centermost box.  You can't double click there either, you have to select the planet, select the command, pick the unit from the centermost box, and then hit the "add move" button.  Not too bad, just a little circuitous.