Author Topic: joining development  (Read 2920 times)

Offline plumbob (OP)

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Able Ordinary Rate
  • p
joining development
« on: November 10, 2014, 03:31:20 PM »
I emailed Nathan last week, but I realize he may not have rights to allow new members into the github project. 

I'm really interested in getting involved in the develop pent of pulsar.  I admittedly need a little hand holding to get started as I'm not familiar with actually getting the project into an IDE from Github.   I've forked out a branch for myself but I haven't managed to pull it into VisualStudio or MonoDevelop.   How do I get a hold of the . sln file for the project?

Any help or advice you can offer would be appreciated.

A little about me, I'm a software engineer located in the central United States, I've been employed in the industry about 5 years.   I work primarily in Java, but I took a few C# classes back in college.   I write mostly for UNIX and HPNonStop systems, really dense financial stuff.   I do work on some web and swing (Java GUI framework) applications as well though.

My username on GitHub is Plumbob86 if that helps you out any.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
Re: joining development
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 07:53:47 PM »
I emailed Nathan last week, but I realize he may not have rights to allow new members into the github project.  
An invitation has been sent, I hadn't checked my email since then, sorry about that.

How do I get a hold of the . sln file for the project?
for me the sln file in \My Documents\GitHub\Pulsar4x\Pulsar4X\, but I think you have to run the premake first. that is in \My Documents\GitHub\Pulsar4x\premake4.exe
You should just be able to run it as is, but it might need to tell it what OS you are using(again I think it handles this automatically).

« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 08:03:38 PM by Nathan_ »