Author Topic: SM game setup and oops  (Read 2303 times)

Offline plasticpanzers (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • p
SM game setup and oops
« on: February 20, 2020, 03:28:35 AM »
I spent a few hours setting up a game and find i accidentally gave myself overwhelming research points to
where I start the game with most things researched.  Is there any way to delete that or go back to make
a correction or did I just blow 5 hours of work?   .... and it seems I have no officers at all when using the SM
setup.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 04:44:45 AM by plasticpanzers »

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: SM game setup and oops
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 09:28:49 AM »
You can remove technologies one-by-one in the research window (SM mode required), but I don't know of any way to mass-remove them.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 11:33:12 AM »
It's still faster to remove techs 1-by-1 than to redo the whole game setup if you used 5 hours for it :o

Oh and in SM mode, there is a button in the Leaders window that will add a random new officer. I think there's also a button to add a batch but I've never used it so I'm not sure.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 01:04:37 PM »
Oh, yeah.  I've added 20 or 50 years' worth of officers at one time.

Offline plasticpanzers (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • p
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 06:09:25 PM »
Thank you!

Offline amram

• Lieutenant
  • a
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 10:48:52 PM »
Definitely faster, as noted, to wipe out the techs.

If you still want the game setup to control what you have at start, you'll have to do it in a sort of sideways manner.

Strip your own tech down to starter techs.  Will take maybe 10 minutes, since we aren't being choosy - everything goes.

Start another game, don't worry about anything except the amount of research you meant to have, and letting it decide for you.  Start it, note what the game gave you for tech, notepad would work well for this.

Go back to your game, use SM to just give yourself tech until you reach each of those techs.

Now you have a game setup randomised selection, and have removed the excess techs accordingly.

Probably take you an hour at most all up to have your tech setup, game chosen, but on a level you expected.