Author Topic: Aurora's allure  (Read 2270 times)

Offline Lafe Sparhawk (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • L
Aurora's allure
« on: August 30, 2011, 10:14:34 PM »
Hello,

I delved into Aurora early last year during a spell of unemployment. After several month's and countless hours of designing ships and missiles, continually searching out new sources of minerals to feed the beast of empire expansion, and turning the tide of alien incursions I mercifully became gainfully employed. Aurora became an occasional thought in passing ( "I wonder if I changed those to size 4 missiles...." ). Fortunately work is keeping me busier than ever, yet I keep gazing at that little globe icon representing the game on my computer and start wondering about tracking speeds... so, maybe I can jump back in just a couple hours here and there and see what is through that next jump point.

Lafe

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
Re: Aurora's allure
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 10:21:18 PM »
I had a nightmare a couple weeks ago.

Thermal contacts-- active sensors won't work, can't shoot.  oh god they're in orbit.  they're bombing me, oh god

please stop

please

my factories.. not my precious factories...

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 10:50:44 PM »
Usually when a game gets into my dreams, it's time for a break from the game for a while. ;)

Offline Jacob/Lee

• Lt. Commander
  • (Where I got this .gif beats me!)
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 02:22:59 PM »
I managed to figure out in my dream why a relatively few part missile vessel was 11,000 tons. I had commercial engines installed, not military ones.

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 03:57:28 PM »
sometimes we focus so much on bugs and suggestions that we don't take time to appreciate recent changes.  The new civilian colonization option-- "stable"-- is working wonderfully for moderating the flow of colonists around the empire.  Woot

Offline voknaar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 11:19:39 PM »
sometimes we focus so much on bugs and suggestions that we don't take time to appreciate recent changes.  The new civilian colonization option-- "stable"-- is working wonderfully for moderating the flow of colonists around the empire.  Woot
There's good money to be made in civs transporting people around. I let them do so freely on all my fully terraformed worlds with colony cost ones being stable unless i've shipped a load of infrastructure lately.

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 01:12:18 AM »
Theres sometimes some funny thinking with the civs; i've seen one world drain to all but zero, idling its manufactoring, while others sit there untapped.  For instance, after opening earth up as a source, its population plummetted from 800 million to 450 million.  Setting it to destination would drain mercury.  Simply having a spigot to turn off is enormously helpful! :)