Author Topic: Official v5.10 Bugs Thread  (Read 26361 times)

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
Re: Official v5.10 Bugs Thread
« Reply #240 on: November 30, 2010, 11:51:07 AM »
I have a task group of 4 troop transports, three with 5 troop bays and one with 6. If I order the group to load the headquarters unit of an engineering Brigade and click on load entire formation if HQ selected box, the task group will load the Brigade HQ and three Engineering Brigades. However if I select each unit individually leaving the HQ unit till last then I can load the entire formation.  ::)
IanD

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #241 on: December 03, 2010, 05:19:59 AM »
I have a 24K tonne commercial hulled troop transport in the same task group as a 12.5K tonne military hulled assault transport. At a jump point there is a 56K tonne commercial jump freighter and a 12.5K tonne military jump cruiser in separate task groups. The 24K tonne commercial hulled troop transport and the12.5K tonne military hulled assault transport cannot transit the jump point while in the same task group, but can separately. ::)

Regards
IanD

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #242 on: December 05, 2010, 09:44:05 PM »
I didn't think you could transit commercial and military in the same fleet something about different warp signatures or something.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #243 on: January 10, 2011, 03:25:20 PM »

Just had an

"Error in update design
Error 3001 was generated by DAO.Recordset
Invalid Argument
Please report to http://aurora.pentarch.org/viewforum.php?f=11"

This error would not clear so ended Aurora using task manager and restarted. Event record appeared normal with a two day advance, tried to advance time once more using automated turns, got the same Error 3001. Used Task manager once more, restarted then looked at event record. This time the date had gone from 20th December to 19th December! :o See attached file.  The third time I restarted I got an

"error in set class obsolete
Error 3021 was generated by DAO.Recordset
No current record

On clicking on OK got a couple of

"Error in CreateDesign
Error 3201 was generated by DAO.Recordset
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'TechSytem'.

A few clicks got rid of this error and time returned to its normal course.

Anyone got any explanations?

Regards

IanD

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #244 on: January 10, 2011, 06:56:54 PM »
Just had an

"Error in update design
Error 3001 was generated by DAO.Recordset
Invalid Argument

This error would not clear so ended Aurora using task manager and restarted. Event record appeared normal with a two day advance, tried to advance time once more using automated turns, got the same Error 3001. Used Task manager once more, restarted then looked at event record. This time the date had gone from 20th December to 19th December! :o See attached file.  The third time I restarted I got an

"error in set class obsolete
Error 3021 was generated by DAO.Recordset
No current record

On clicking on OK got a couple of

"Error in CreateDesign
Error 3201 was generated by DAO.Recordset
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'TechSytem'.

A few clicks got rid of this error and time returned to its normal course.

Anyone got any explanations?

Regards

Looks like something broke in the NPR ship routines.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #245 on: January 10, 2011, 07:17:21 PM »

Which reminds me of a completely different issue - this should probably be a link to aurora2.

John

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #246 on: March 02, 2011, 02:27:15 AM »
Fighter Squadron No. 1 had been equipped with the latest Shipkiller Mk8 missiles and expended them to great effect then returned to the carrier. But the carrier only had Shipkiller Mk7 in the magazines. In a fit of pique the Squadron refused to load the older missiles even though they are in the same missile series. The only way to reload them was to go to each individual fighter and manually reload using the Ammo management screen. The fighter screen would not rearm the fighter.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 02:34:59 AM by IanD »
IanD

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #247 on: March 02, 2011, 02:51:18 PM »
Which reminds me of a completely different issue - this should probably be a link to aurora2.

John

Good point. Just did a quick find and replace. There are 2160 separate error handling routines in Aurora. Perhaps I should be consolidating the address for reporting into one location :)

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #248 on: March 02, 2011, 02:52:33 PM »
Fighter Squadron No. 1 had been equipped with the latest Shipkiller Mk8 missiles and expended them to great effect then returned to the carrier. But the carrier only had Shipkiller Mk7 in the magazines. In a fit of pique the Squadron refused to load the older missiles even though they are in the same missile series. The only way to reload them was to go to each individual fighter and manually reload using the Ammo management screen. The fighter screen would not rearm the fighter.

I'll look into this. Was the 'Reload Para' button on the F12 window for v5.10? It's in the row of buttons at the bottom of the window.

Steve

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #249 on: March 02, 2011, 08:47:01 PM »
Good point. Just did a quick find and replace. There are 2160 separate error handling routines in Aurora. Perhaps I should be consolidating the address for reporting into one location :)

Steve

LOL  :)  Sounds like a good opportunity for "once and only once"? :)

John

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #250 on: March 03, 2011, 03:14:21 AM »
I'll look into this. Was the 'Reload Para' button on the F12 window for v5.10? It's in the row of buttons at the bottom of the window.

Steve

Not that I could see, but my eyes aren't as good as they used to be :D . I also tried using the individual ship window (F4?) but although the fighters were aboard the carrier I could not see any ordnance in the dropdown menu.

Regards
IanD

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #251 on: March 03, 2011, 03:16:59 AM »
Seeing a lot of "Error in ObserveJumpPoint, Error 6 was generated by Aurora, Overflow. Please report to etc." Does not appear to affect game play.

Regards
IanD

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #252 on: March 03, 2011, 12:33:06 PM »
Not that I could see, but my eyes aren't as good as they used to be :D . I also tried using the individual ship window (F4?) but although the fighters were aboard the carrier I could not see any ordnance in the dropdown menu.

Regards

Unfortunately, the earlier versions are not very good at micro-managing fighters. There have been a of ordnance, fighter and carrier-related management improvements in the last couple of versions, mainly because I am using a lot of fighters in my current campaign :)

Steve