Author Topic: WoW is dead. Long Live EVE!  (Read 1876 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
WoW is dead. Long Live EVE!
« on: April 20, 2010, 12:24:19 PM »
Well, I've had my fill of Wow and I am back on EVE :)

Steve

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
Re: WoW is dead. Long Live EVE!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 12:41:07 PM »
Think my main Eve character is 6 years old now but haven't played in a month. It is a great game if you have the time and no social life!!  :D

Offline Treebiter

• Petty Officer
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 02:19:42 PM »
I've got a 20 mil sp char from a while back which I've not touched in... well, a while. Great game... Proper time-sink.

Damn it. I want to play now.  :evil:

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 03:13:32 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Well, I've had my fill of Wow and I am back on EVE :)

Steve

NOOOoooOOOOOoooOOOOOooooOOOOooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-)

John

PS - Pretty good modulation there, eh?

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 03:16:21 PM »
My main is at 81million SPs and my secondary is at 60 I think. Both could be far far higher if I actually played more and used better implants.

I constantly curse myself for all the missed days (and even a week or two!!) when I couldn't get logged in to change skills at the start. Now they have this 'cheating' 24-hour skill queue  :P not to mention the fact a new char can start with over a million SPs.

Back in my day you got about 30k SPs and a frigate, you then had to mine like a mofo to get a cruiser and then mine more for a top of the line battleship that could swot anything out of the sky. Those were the day ... insta popping frigates with a single salvo of cruise missiles in your impregnable Raven or Scorp ... *sigh*

Offline Treebiter

• Petty Officer
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 03:23:38 PM »
Despite my low sp amount I started playing at launch. Those were the days. No skills, no money, lots of mining, pretending I was a woman in an attempt to get lonely men to give me money... er, you know, the usual.  :P

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 07:31:25 AM »
Been playing eve pretty much from the start, now fed up with the crappy 0. 0 sov warfare, the clickfest on industry and the crap with running POS.

My Wife was delighted to hear that I had given EVE the boot, far less delighted to find me now buried up to my eyes in Aurora! All I can say for EVE is that I'm happy that I got myself a three screen set up to run multiple accounts - they work a treat with Aurora and being able to keep my messages, map and main industry tab all open at the same time!

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 03:44:39 AM »
Been playing eve pretty much from the start, now fed up with the crappy 0. 0 sov warfare, the clickfest on industry and the crap with running POS.

My Wife was delighted to hear that I had given EVE the boot, far less delighted to find me now buried up to my eyes in Aurora! All I can say for EVE is that I'm happy that I got myself a three screen set up to run multiple accounts - they work a treat with Aurora and being able to keep my messages, map and main industry tab all open at the same time!

Aurora is definitely best when played on a multi-monitor system. It was designed with that in mind because of my own setup.

Steve