Author Topic: 2.3 bugs  (Read 10593 times)

Offline Shinanygnz

• Lieutenant
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2007, 11:49:50 AM »
Quote from: "SteveAlt"
Here are the missing flags
http://www.pentarch.org/aurorafiles/Ins ... 4Flags.zip (46k)
Steve

Thanks

Stephen
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Shinanygnz »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 10:30:42 AM »
Active sensors on/near a warp point.

Error in UpdateAllSensors
Error 3078
The MS Jet dbengine cannot find the input table or query 'WarpPointID'. Make sure it exists.

This is followed by an endless series of
Error 3240
Object invalid or no longer set.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Erik Luken »

Offline Randy

• Sub-Lieutenant
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 10:51:15 PM »
A modification to missile launchers that reduces their size by removing part of the reloading mechanism, dramatically reducing the reload time

Wouldn't removing part of the reload mechanism increase reload time? :-)
(reduced size launchers)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Randy »

Offline ShadoCat

• Commander
    • http://www.assistsolar.com
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2007, 10:04:23 PM »
During a 1 day increment (feb 14 of the first year)

Error 3021 was generated by DAP.Recordset. No current Record
Hit OK
Got same error
Hit OK
Got Error 3020 was generated by DAP.Recordset.  Update or CancelUpdate without AddNew or Edit.

It did not repeat.

I noti ced that my cargo ship which was carrying a commander for the ne colony had not offloaded the commander and was headed back home.  I sent the ship back and re-offloaded.  That went OK.

I'm wondering if there was a problem with the cargo ships getting to the planet before the colony fleet got there to offload the first colonits.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by ShadoCat »

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2007, 08:28:20 AM »
[quote="
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2007, 08:41:24 AM »
Quote from: "Erik Luken"
Active sensors on/near a warp point.

Error 3078
The MS Jet dbengine cannot find the input table or query 'WarpPointID'. Make sure it exists.

This is followed by an endless series of
Error 3240
Object invalid or no longer set.

I have come across this one myself. Its because I added some code to v2.3 to detect jump gates on active sensors. Unfortunately, I screwed up and that is what caused the error. Its fixed for v2.4 but it is a fairly serious problem and one reason I will get v2.4 out soon.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2007, 08:43:07 AM »
Quote from: "ShadoCat"
I'm wondering if there was a problem with the cargo ships getting to the planet before the colony fleet got there to offload the first colonits.

Possibly. Did you use the Add Colony button on the System View to create a colony or did you just try to unload on a normal planet?

Steve

Offline Randy

• Sub-Lieutenant
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2007, 02:13:04 PM »
Kept getting an error 11 in (I think) CalcPopGU (the PopGU part is corret) on a new colony until the population was large enough to man all the mines I had transported there with it...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Randy »

Offline ShadoCat

• Commander
    • http://www.assistsolar.com
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2007, 07:59:03 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Possibly. Did you use the Add Colony button on the System View to create a colony or did you just try to unload on a normal planet?

Steve

I just unloaded to a normal planet.  Did the procedure for that change?

Totally off topic but my cat is trying to eat my ham and cheese sandwich out of my hand while I type this.  <sigh>
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by ShadoCat »

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2007, 07:54:27 AM »
I just unloaded to a normal planet.  Did the procedure for that change?

Yes, but I haven't publicized that very well. Because species have been added, its important to know the species of a new population. This is accomplished by using the species of the first colonists or by using the system view to add colony and using the currently selected species. If I allow dropping off mines to create a colony I have to take a guess at the species for a multi-species Empire (probably the most numerous), which may not be the same as the colonists en route and you end up with two populations instead of one.

Steve

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2007, 12:31:00 PM »
[quote="
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Charlie Beeler »
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2007, 12:49:11 PM »
Quote from: "Charlie Beeler"
I'm having a similiar issue.  The ships in question, for me, are freighters.  All other ships are covered by the maintenance facility without issue.  

I've also had some problems getting the minor and major overhauls to work for freighters.  If I use the task group screen to request either overhaul the ships are tagged but nothing happens.  If I use the ship building tab in economics the overhaul is performed,  but the clock continues.  When the task is completed the yard is available again but the ship is still tagged in the task group screen.  My only recourse is the use of the 'abandon' order.  If the major overhaul is used the clock does reset and both replenish the spares.

It helps a lot.

Freighters don't use maintenance facilities and don't need overhauls. Just give the fleet containing the freighters a Freighter Maintenance Check order at a populaiton with a Commercial Freight Facility. This will replenish all spares and reset the clock instantly. This is to avoid a lot of micromanagement of freighters and colony ships so you concentrate your logistics effort on warships, survey ships etc.

Steve

Offline Pete_Keller (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • P
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2007, 02:54:45 PM »
Freighters don't use maintenance facilities and don't need overhauls. Just give the fleet containing the freighters a Freighter Maintenance Check order at a populaiton with a Commercial Freight Facility. This will replenish all spares and reset the clock instantly. This is to avoid a lot of micromanagement of freighters and colony ships so you concentrate your logistics effort on warships, survey ships etc.

Steve

My only gripe is if I leave my colony ships (both of them) orbiting the homeworld for a year, they accumulate 1 year of time since overhaul.  I would think that freighters also would not accumulate TSO time if orbiting a planet with the appropriate facilities.

Pete
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Pete_Keller »

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2007, 04:46:28 PM »
Quote from: "Pete_Keller"
My only gripe is if I leave my colony ships (both of them) orbiting the homeworld for a year, they accumulate 1 year of time since overhaul.  I would think that freighters also would not accumulate TSO time if orbiting a planet with the appropriate facilities.

I prevented MF working on freighters because I didn't want them to use minerals on ships that could be reset to max spares and zero clock for free. I could add a check for them to reset their clock/spares automatically during the 5-day segment if in orbit of a CFF.

Steve

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2007, 05:07:40 PM »
Quote from: "Pete_Keller"
I prevented MF working on freighters because I didn't want them to use minerals on ships that could be reset to max spares and zero clock for free. I could add a check for them to reset their clock/spares automatically during the 5-day segment if in orbit of a CFF.

Steve

That would be great

Brian
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Brian »