Author Topic: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread  (Read 39130 times)

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
Re: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread
« Reply #315 on: May 24, 2020, 10:26:16 AM »
Deleting a system does not delete discovered JPs that link to that system.
As a result, this causes various "key not found" errors whenever the game needs to iterate the list of locations in a linked system (e.g. System window, or fleet movement orders).

What I was doing:
I started a random stars game, then created a new (random) system and a new player race in that system.
I then deleted the initial starting race, but I did not delete Sol.
Later, I discovered Sol via a JP.
I transited my ship back out of Sol, then deleted Sol.

Possibly only happens when deleting Sol? I haven't deleted any other systems.

I eliminated the errors by manually deleting the JP record from the database.
Attached is my save prior to performing that deletion.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #316 on: May 24, 2020, 11:39:24 AM »
The function number:1.9.0 now 1.9.5
The complete error text: None
The window affected: Ship Display
What you were doing at the time: Post combat revue
Conventional or TN start: TN Start
Random or Real Stars: Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma? :Decimal
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? : unknown
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 79 years

Ship well and truly perforated by STO. However in the Naval Tab, Ship Design Display, the notes say there was no internal damage taken. However the screens below show extensive damage.

IanD

Offline simast

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • s
« Reply #317 on: May 24, 2020, 01:10:11 PM »
Refitting a design with missile magazines to a design without missile capacity does not unload missiles.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create and build a class design with missile magazines.
2. Load ship with missiles.
3. Refit this ship to a new class design without missile magazines.
4. The ship still has missiles transported and there is no option to unload them.

---

The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: N/A
What you were doing at the time: See reproduction steps.
Conventional or TN start: Conventional
Random or Real Stars: Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy.

Confirmed
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 10:51:06 AM by Bughunter »

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #318 on: May 24, 2020, 01:52:19 PM »
I reported these once with no response. The first one is really easy to check for and will take a bug mod 1 minute to check... The second one I have attached a DB to make it fast to check too.

The window affected: Industry window and race set up window for bug 1. Naval organization for bug 2.
What you were doing at the time: see below
Conventional or TN start: TN start. See below both bugs were done with same settings.
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? No.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy to reproduce both.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well. Bug 1 affects new games. Bug 2 affects all games.

First bug:

Starting a game with the auto-assign Tech points (and nothing else changed from what is put in by default) causes Earth to start with no fighter factories.

Second bug:

Commercial hangars do not function as described in the changes posts:
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg103584#msg103584
Commercial hangars are available in C# Aurora. They are 50% larger than military hangar bays (size 32), have the same cost of 100 BP and the same crew requirement (15).

They are intended for transport of other commercial vessels, temporary transport of military vessels, reloading of box launchers and for repairing ships. With this in mind, a military ship still has normal maintenance requirements while in a civilian hangar.

See attached DB it is set up with a carrier and some fighters with box launchers that are empty an they are landed on the carrier with the missiles. The carrier does not have the same drop down menu available to ships with military hangars (also included in DB). Ships with military hangars have the Add parasite ordnance drop down box which ships with commercial hangars do not have but the post makes it seem like they should be able to.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 01:54:16 PM by DFNewb »

Offline UberWaffe

• Chief Petty Officer
  • U
« Reply #319 on: May 24, 2020, 03:21:30 PM »
Deleting a system does not delete discovered JPs that link to that system.
As a result, this causes various "key not found" errors whenever the game needs to iterate the list of locations in a linked system (e.g. System window, or fleet movement orders).

What I was doing:
I started a random stars game, then created a new (random) system and a new player race in that system.
I then deleted the initial starting race, but I did not delete Sol.
Later, I discovered Sol via a JP.
I transited my ship back out of Sol, then deleted Sol.

Possibly only happens when deleting Sol? I haven't deleted any other systems.

I eliminated the errors by manually deleting the JP record from the database.
Attached is my save prior to performing that deletion.
The game also looks for a system with SystemNumber = 0 when it tries to create long range links back to the 'root' system. Will throw errors if no system with SystemNumber = 0 exists (Sol has this).

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #320 on: May 24, 2020, 08:27:45 PM »
Something is definitely buggy about how the game reports lost contacts.

I have had (and lost) contacts with several ships of the Swale Empire over the last year or two.
Recently, I explored a JP and discovered a new system, Cestus.
In this system, I see three "Lost" contacts at one of the planets.
The contacts are all for Swale ships that I had seen before (Braxen 001 and 002, and Bavern 002).
But, as I had never before been in this system, there is no way that I could have lost the contacts here.

Attached is the current save, at the time of first entering Cestus (reported as Battlaxe in the event log; I renamed it to Cestus).

Offline teslatrooper

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • t
« Reply #321 on: May 25, 2020, 05:02:05 AM »
The window affected: Ground forces/Unit Class Design & Ground Forces/Formation Template
Is Spacemaster Mode on?: Yes
What you were doing at the time: Designing Ground Units
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Intermittent

While i was designing multiple different types of Infantry with varying capabilities for my Ground units, after using the spacemaster mode button to instant research the ground unit research project.

I noticed that after i instant the GU project, all my different types of Infantry template will all have the same Advanced Genetic Enhancement capabilities.  As that was the last capabilities that i choosed.

I'm not exactly sure whether this bug is easy to produce cause sometimes the bug doesn't appear.

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #322 on: May 25, 2020, 06:16:58 AM »
There was a topic under Mechanics.

It happend to me to conquer a precursor base, where they had thousand of missles (I can see those missles from the economy window and stockpiles also.

I have an ordnance transfer station, however I cannot load them on my warship, I am able to see my designed missles only.

Has the possibility to use alien missles not implemented yet?

The window affected: Ship window - Ordnance
What you were doing at the time: Trying load precursors missles on my warship
Conventional or TN start: TN.
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? Period.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy.

I have attached my db if someone wants have a look at it.

Re-entered as I haven't received any confirmation from bug moderators.

Offline Demakustus

• Chief Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #323 on: May 25, 2020, 12:16:21 PM »
The function number - #2169
The complete error text - 1.9.5 Function #2169: Reference not set to an instance of an object.
The window affected - Economics -> Research tab
What you were doing at the time - Got currently researched technology through espionage
Conventional or TN start - Conventional
Random or Real Stars - Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma? - No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - Very rare
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - 20 years

I've been researching Construction Equipment with more techs in the queue, then I've gotten the Construction Equipment tech through ELINT espionage. That had caused an error any time the research tab was opened for this world. Also the research queue was empty, though it had its header, and all the research from the queue was missing as if assigned. The scientist was ready for another assignment as well as their labs. I've saved the DB, but after reloading everything was back to normal, the missing technologies were available for research again and the error didn't pop-up any more.

Offline SerBeardian

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #324 on: May 25, 2020, 05:03:04 PM »
1.9.5, decimal as dot, no mods, ~70 years in.

Here's a weird one:

Clicking twice on a category immediately after adding a component added an extra one of the last added component.

Category must be a different one than that of the added component.
It still works as long as you are opening and closing categories and not selecting components, so you can open one category, open another, then you will get two extra components when you close the two categories again.
Also works if you close then re-open a category.

Video footage of it happening attached and very easily replicated.

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #325 on: May 25, 2020, 05:19:45 PM »
The function number: 2662
The complete error text: 1.9.5 Function #2662: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.Entity.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.
The window affected: N/A
What you were doing at the time: Recovering ruins
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is your decimal separator a comma?: '.'
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: random

This error always occurs when recovering DSTS.  I get the same error text but with function 2661 when recovering designed ship components that don't show up in the logs.

The odd message text is due to running under mono instead of .net.  The best information I've been able to find is that it caused by a text formatting error.

This is a known and elusive bug.  I hope this information might be helpful.

Offline Lightning

• L
« Reply #326 on: May 25, 2020, 06:20:33 PM »

I have had (and lost) contacts with several ships of the Swale Empire over the last year or two.
The contacts are all for Swale ships that I had seen before (Braxen 001 and 002, and Bavern 002).
But, as I had never before been in this system, there is no way that I could have lost the contacts here.

Attached is the current save, at the time of first entering Cestus (reported as Battlaxe in the event log; I renamed it to Cestus).

I've had NPR ships seemingly jump locations for where I "lost" contact with them as well. And I just had a NPR ship capable of only going 78m Km in the 6 hr time increment move ~12billion km in that 6 hrs.

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #327 on: May 25, 2020, 06:23:15 PM »

I've had NPR ships seemingly jump locations for where I "lost" contact with them as well. And I just had a NPR ship capable of only going 78m Km in the 6 hr time increment move ~12billion km in that 6 hrs.
Is it possible that they moved through a JP or LP?

Offline Lightning

• L
« Reply #328 on: May 25, 2020, 06:34:50 PM »

Doesn't look it. Ship showed approx at POI #5 in Merga, 6 hrs later, was at the location in Achemar with a really long movement trail from a totally different direction than the supposed entry JP.

1.9.5 Fresh, period, ~104 years in

Offline Lightning

• L
« Reply #329 on: May 25, 2020, 06:43:12 PM »

Doesn't look it. Ship showed approx at POI #5 in Merga, 6 hrs later, was at the location in Achemar with a really long movement trail from a totally different direction than the supposed entry JP.

1.9.5 Fresh, period, ~104 years in
After posting the screenshots & db, I advanced time 5 sec, and the ship appeared on the WP to Merga in Achemar where I would have expected it to be. The ships jumping around appears to be a display issue.