Author Topic: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 55083 times)

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
Re: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #150 on: June 20, 2020, 03:06:24 AM »
The function number: #144, #1630
The complete error text: see below
The window affected: System Generation window in SM mode, Race Creation
What you were doing at the time: Creating player races for a test game
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: N/A
Is your decimal separator a comma? '.'
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Random but fairly frequent.

Using SM mode to create new races on Earth randomly gives this pair of errors:

1.11.0 Function #144: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
1.11.0 Function #1630: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute

I recently created 7 new races on Earth for a test setup, and this occurred for about half of them.

Edit: Not reproduceable on Windows.  Must be a Mono bug.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 05:13:47 PM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #151 on: June 20, 2020, 03:52:48 AM »
The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Tactical map
What you were doing at the time: Testing sensor buoys
Random or Real Stars: N/A
Is your decimal separator a comma? '.'
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy with attached database

Passive sensor buoys don't work.

In the attached database there are seven players.  DSTS were removed from players A-F as some targets were within range.
A-C have sensor ships stationed at Mercury and Ceres.  Mercury has strength 0.5 sensors.  Ceres has strength 1.0 sensors.
D-F have sensor buoys with identical sensors at those same locations.
Z has fleets of target ships with various EM and TH strengths stationed at and around those bodies.  Some targets should be detectable while others should not.

The sensor ships all work as advertised, able to detect all of the targets that they should and unable to detect any of the targets that they shouldn't.  The TH equipped ships also detect each other and the buoy droppers despite being engineless.

The sensor buoys detect exactly nothing.

Tested with Team D but not shown:
Strength 8 EM/TH buoy at Ceres.  Detected nothing despite all Ceres targets being well within range.
EM sensor ship at Ceres.  Detected EM as expected, but the buoys were unable to detect the TH components of those revealed contacts.

Offline Dawa1147

• Chief Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #152 on: June 20, 2020, 04:43:16 AM »
Off-Topic: show

During Play, the System Information Window (with the Planets and Moons) does not open. The Taskbar shows a white window, but nothing opens.
From then on starting Aurora creates the following error messages:
TN start
Random Stars
decimal separator is period
This is a long campaign (60-65ish yearts)

Normal Play up to then (Only noteworthy things:
-long ago I deleted a Fleet that had ships in them, but that hadnt caused any visible problems, and I could open the System View Window normally
-I discovered more Systems that had no Planets)
That looks like your AuroraDB.db file either got deleted or moved to a different folder.  Aurora then created a new empty file when it started and then panicked when there was no data in it.

Double checked with the PreviousSaveDB:
The Error messages go away, but the System Information Window is still not there (See "AuroraError.PNG")
[/offtopic]

Spike:I am unable to reproduce the missing window using the provided DB.  The white preview problem is usually due to a window being positioned off-screen.  The fix is to close all secondary windows, then press the 'Reset Windows' button under the Miscellaneous tab, then save, then close and restart Aurora.

Fixed the white windows, edited post to reflect that. Dont know how the AuroraDB ended up being 0kB, thank god for the AuroraDBSaveBackup.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 05:30:49 PM by Dawa1147 »

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #153 on: June 20, 2020, 10:54:36 PM »
In the German commander rank theme both the Kommodore and Kontreadmiral have the RADM abbreviation, leading to confusion.

Spike:Confirmed.  Copy-pasting into typos thread.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 11:04:04 PM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #154 on: June 21, 2020, 10:12:17 AM »
The window affected: Tactical Map, currently in V1581 Cygni (see DB, United Earth Confederacy game)
What you were doing at the time: advancing time in 1 hour increments with Lost Contacts 1 Day active
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Not sure exactly what triggers it but it is recurring
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 22. 5 years, has been happening for years

Details: I am getting lost contacts showing up in places I cannot possibly have a lost contact.  I have NO sensors in V1581 Cygni and have not for years; I previously deployed active buoys with res 1 sensors and passive thermal+EM buoys on the jump points in this (and other) systems, but they have long since been destroyed in V1581.  Despite this, I will periodically have the lost thermal contact with this group of FACs disappear from where it was last seen and reappear at this strange location in the middle of V1581 Cygni.  Based on their heading when I lost them, the FACs were actually going to V1581 (I last saw them in LHS 288 on the Groombridge 34 jump point, and the timing is roughly correct), so it's possible that this is actually where they are right now (though I don't know why they would be where they are showing up; there is nothing there and it isn't along the path to any known jump points; I have gravsurveyed the system).  I have also noticed that if you turn on distance display, it seems that lost contacts update to show their current distance from your selected location, suggesting some information is "leaking" into the lost contact that it shouldn't have access to.

This particular sequence of losing the thermal contact for that group of FAC in LHS288, then having it reappear in (as far as I can tell) this particular spot in V1581 Cygni has happened 2 or 3 times now.

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #155 on: June 21, 2020, 10:41:10 AM »
Sorry for double post, but I have some additional DBs that better show the distance info leaking.

I've advanced time a bit and you can see if you select Cygni A-IV with distance turned on and Lost contacts 1 month, that the FAC contacts show a distance of 217mkm.  This is NOT the distance from the planet to the last known location; this is the distance from the planet to the LHS 288 jump point.  Similarly, if you select Comet #1, the distance is the distance to the jump point.

Advance 5 seconds and lo and behold, the FACs just jumped through from V1581Cygni to LHS288, indicating that the distances show were exactly correct.  What are the odds that I would decide to start saving the DB at the EXACT time they were going through the jump point? I thought I was going to need to SM in DSTs to show that their current location matched the distances shown.

Spike:Confirmed
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 11:56:40 AM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »

Offline Second Foundationer

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2020, 03:52:28 PM »
1.11.0 conventional start 98-year campaign.
Minor non-essential thing, but somewhat fundamental: Either the wealth calculation is not working as intended, or the income & expenditure tables in the wealth tab are missing things or miscalculating. Controlled observation in a more compact empire might help to specify. I report for reference, maybe others might throw an occasional glance on this.

We have 48 populated colonies, and a huge civilian sector with now 17 lines, the oldest of them have hundreds of ships (slowing Aurora down significantly, but right now, that pace suits me very well: there is mostly cold/siege war with occasional engagements against superior enemies on two distant frontiers, and after a civilian ship was destroyed by unidentified attackers near the Arm of Terror where we occasionally see a few fast, evasive ships but in six years no other trace of the "Church of Royan" [NPR] we fear: one of these days on a third).
According to the wealth tab, the civilians have provided the bulk of our income for a long time now, and especially recently when shipbuilding has increasingly slowed down while we are waiting for fuel efficiency and engine research to complete in 1898/99, there (should) have been huge surpluses on the order of the screenshot. Yet, wealth has remained in the 2xx,000 range for years, I think most of the 90s. Something is off substantially.

Spike:WAI.  There is a wealth cap to prevent runaway economies.  http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg111163#msg111163
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 12:10:07 PM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #157 on: June 22, 2020, 10:26:03 AM »
Is this a bug? The Isofindir missles shows two different speed, 18750km/s in the technology view and 24000 in the missles panel.

The window affected: Missles project panel and technology view
What you were doing at the time: N/A
Conventional or TN start: Conventional
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Not sure
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: more than 150y long

The other two missles seem to have a correct speed in both panels.

Not a bug, you probably gained better tech since the original design
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 01:03:11 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Ulzgoroth

• Captain
  • U
« Reply #158 on: June 22, 2020, 11:29:38 AM »
Is this a bug? The Isofindir missles shows two different speed, 18750km/s in the technology view and 24000 in the missles panel.

If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: more than 150y long

Have you perhaps gained technology since you designed the original Isofindir missile?

When you load a historical design in the missile designer, it loads the design, but the stats are for a new-made missile using that design. So if you've gained main engine technology it will be faster than the original version, etc.

EDIT: If you look, you'll see the design window also has a better MR and higher damage than the Isofindir.

The following users thanked this post: Kaiser, SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #159 on: June 22, 2020, 11:56:25 AM »

Have you perhaps gained technology since you designed the original Isofindir missile?

When you load a historical design in the missile designer, it loads the design, but the stats are for a new-made missile using that design. So if you've gained main engine technology it will be faster than the original version, etc.

EDIT: If you look, you'll see the design window also has a better MR and higher damage than the Isofindir.

Thank you for the answer, yes also MR and damage are better.

I am not 100% sure, but I am in a phase where I am researching a lot of military techs, so probably yes, at 99% I may have improved my missles technologies meanwhile.

Offline S1mancoder

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #160 on: June 22, 2020, 12:17:12 PM »
The function number: #2100 (ProgressIndustrialProjects)
The complete error text 1. 11. 0: Attempt to divide by 0 (I dont think providing full text is required here, also as win inteface language is not english anyways)
The window affected: N/A
What you were doing at the time: I think its directly related to missile construction when 0 fuel at colony.   Advance 5 days from a database save to replicate the bug.   If you cancel missile production at earth the bug is not happening, so its pinpointed 100%. 
Random or Real Stars Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? reliably reproducable with 5 day increment from save. 
If this is a long campaign: ~50 years

This should be some real easy fix as there isnt that many places in the function with division. 

Spike:Confirmed
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 12:26:28 PM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »

Online skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #161 on: June 22, 2020, 03:33:35 PM »
Towing a shipyard seems to consume a lot more fuel than it should.

I have a tug with a size of 65,355 tons and engine power of 4800, providing an unladen speed of 3672 km/s.
I am tugging a commercial shipyard complex with 10 slipways of size 48,100 tons each.

My laden speed is 233 km/s, which implies a total weight of ~1.03M tons, meaning the yard weighs ~965kt.

The tug's unladen range is 95.4 Bkm.
The expected range while towing a yard that weighs ~15 times as much as the tug should be ~1/16 of the unladen range.
So, this tug, starting with full fuel tanks, should be able to tow this yard almost 6 Bkm before running dry.

Instead, it runs out of fuel after about 375 Mkm.
This is ~1/16 of the expected range, which is roughly the same ratio as the laden weight to the unladen weight.
I wonder if a coding error is multiplying fuel usage by the weight ratio two times, instead of just once?

DB is attached.
Fleet is "TG anaa2 -> yard Kubota 003".
I dropped a waypoint at the approximate location of the start of the fleet's journey.

Spike:Confirmed.  While towing ships works correctly, towing shipyards does not.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 04:05:51 PM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #162 on: June 23, 2020, 08:27:14 AM »
The window affected: Economics
What you were doing at the time: Building ground training facilities
Is your decimal separator a comma?: no
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: easy
Campaign length: 3 years

The game doesn't properly handle it when new ground facilities are built while you have units in the queue.  I'll have 10 or more units waiting to go, but if a new facility is built, it just sits there, even over multiple build cycles.  I have to build something manually to get the game to recognize it. 

Confirmed
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 09:14:08 PM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline Cobaia

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • C
« Reply #163 on: June 23, 2020, 12:58:29 PM »
Hello,

I didn't read the whole thread so if it's duplicated I will delete, and I'm sorry!

The function number: None
The complete error text: None
The window affected: None
What you were doing at the time: Deleting a population
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? I believe so.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: Yes, 175 years.

Details:
Created a colony to drop my Ground Combat Units. After the planet was conquered in the Colony Summary Tab there were two colonies with the same name. The conquered one and the one that I created.

When deleting the one that I created all my ground units just vanished.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #164 on: June 23, 2020, 01:29:20 PM »
Hello,

I didn't read the whole thread so if it's duplicated I will delete, and I'm sorry!

The function number: None
The complete error text: None
The window affected: None
What you were doing at the time: Deleting a population
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? I believe so.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: Yes, 175 years.

Details:
Created a colony to drop my Ground Combat Units. After the planet was conquered in the Colony Summary Tab there were two colonies with the same name. The conquered one and the one that I created.

When deleting the one that I created all my ground units just vanished.

This is WAI - you are expected to empty and then delete the duplicate colony that you had made. On the ground OOB you can actually drag formations from one pop to another as long as they are on the same body so you don't have to wait for them to get picked up.

When you delete a colony a confirmation popup asks you to confirm your decision - this is because population deletion is actually supposed to delete everything that's on it. IMO there should be a way to transfer installations between populations on the same body without using ships but that is a suggestion, not a bug.

Also regarding duplicate bug reports - Don't worry about those, duplicate reports are actually appreciated and helps the bug mods narrow down bugs for Steve.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 01:30:51 PM by Droll »

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage