Author Topic: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 54846 times)

Offline jgraves92

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • j
Re: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #255 on: August 04, 2020, 08:54:13 AM »
All fixed now.   Thanks so much for quick and helpful reply.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #256 on: August 04, 2020, 01:03:26 PM »
I was hit with a bug that I reported for previous version:

Version 1.11.0
The function number:  478, 1943, 1951
The complete error text: 478 - Object reference not set to an instance of an object, 1943 - Object reference not set to an instance of an object, 1951 - An item with this key has already been added (text is translation from my language)
The window affected: NA
What you were doing at the time: I discovered alien species homeworld.
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Unable to reproduce.

I discovered system with colony cost 0 world. I setup a waypoint and send probe with active sensor to investigate. When it reached sensor range infinite series of errors occurred. It is possible to click through the errors to continue turns. I was running 1 hour autoturns so I was waiting for interrupt to save the corrupted game. Unfortunately for some reason even when I was hit with interrupt, game continued on autoturns so I had to kill the process.

After reloading database in a moment when the probe was already on its way, it reached the planet without any errors. So again it is impossible to reproduce the bug. Database is in attachment.

Edit: I am using medal pack: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11424.0, so there will be most likely errors if you don't have it

Ok I was hit by this bug for the third time, but I managed to get interrupt and save the database. Unfortunately after loading, there are no error messages. But I noticed something strange. Precursor fleet that triggered the errors have 2 ships that are civilian designs that belong to different NPR that exist in my game.

If I look at Intelligence and Foreign Relations window and go to Talus Corporation (NPR that the civilian designs belongs to) and look at Known Systems and Population, there is Precursor fleet listed in Gliese 445 (location of Precursor fleet that triggered the errors) that shows the civilian designs among the Precursor ships.

Now I have no idea if this situation is connected to the errors or if any info about the errors can be extracted from the database, but it may be worth the look.

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #257 on: August 04, 2020, 10:51:05 PM »
Version 1.11.0
The function number:  N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Tactical Map, System View, and maybe fleet orders
What you were doing at the time: Exploring Wolf 294 for the first time
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? I've only seen it once.

This is a weird one.  I transited into Wolf 294 for the first time, and my survey ship got a standing order to survey some asteroid.  Except on the System View window, there are no asteroids.  And none appear on the tactical map either, even with the show asteroids box ticked.  If I tick the show asteroid orbits box, a ton of orbits for asteroids are visible, but still no asteroids themselves.  I cleared the orders on the ship and ran another 5 second increment, and now the ship wants to survey the only planet.  But the tac map still has the asteroid orbits visible.  I'm not sure if there are supposed to asteroids but there aren't any, or if there aren't supposed to be any but it still has the orbits for some reason.

Offline QuantumPete

• Leading Rate
  • Q
  • Discord Username: QuantumPete
« Reply #258 on: August 05, 2020, 04:58:38 AM »
Version 1. 11. 0
The function number:  854
The complete error text: Attempted to divide by zero
The window affected: System View and all others
What you were doing at the time: Put a Fuel Tanker and Orbital Mining Platform in the same Fleet and then incremented time
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy to reproduce

When placing an OMP, which has no engine and no fuel storage in the same fleet as a Fuel tanker set to "refuel own fleet", the error happens every time.  As soon as I detach either, the error goes away.  I assume it's due to the OMP not having a fuel tank size.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #259 on: August 05, 2020, 11:37:26 AM »
Smaller issue I noticed when starting colony in multirace empire. Colony has its default name listed as Human even if the colony was created for different species. I presume that the name is taken from Race Short Name and not from Species Name.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #260 on: August 07, 2020, 06:53:15 PM »
Game start, year 0.

When using the auto choose tech and auto-design ships, the ship design methods add techs not in the specified techs. Namely AUX.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #261 on: August 07, 2020, 09:22:53 PM »
Version 1. 11. 0
The window affected: N/A
What you were doing at the time: I am trying to get Xeno Archaeology on a Planet
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Don't know, Database attached

Load the game Nations of Earth. I have been trying to recover the ruins on Alpha Centauri now for several years (5+) there are no advancement made. I am playing with 5% survey which I am sure it does not affect ground survey as it takes a few days to complete but it is may affecting the Xeno?

The database is attached, game is quite straightforward and fast you can let another year or so pass at 30 days increment (I tried but after another 5 years without progress, I thought there was something going on).

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #262 on: August 07, 2020, 11:01:51 PM »
Version 1. 11. 0
What you were doing at the time: I am trying to get Xeno Archaeology on a Planet
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Don't know, Database attached

Load the game Nations of Earth. I have been trying to recover the ruins on Alpha Centauri now for several years (5+) there are no advancement made. I am playing with 5% survey which I am sure it does not affect ground survey as it takes a few days to complete but it is may affecting the Xeno?

The database is attached, game is quite straightforward and fast you can let another year or so pass at 30 days increment (I tried but after another 5 years without progress, I thought there was something going on).

Xeno digs can take years.
Details here.

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #263 on: August 08, 2020, 12:31:40 AM »
Version 1. 11. 0

Xeno digs can take years.
Details here.

Then Steve should change it ahahahah

I have just played another 12 years plus the previous 7 makes it 19 years. The Xeno value was 20!

Thanks, I think I will build a 100k Xeno exploiting we cannot find any threat yet and get it done in less than a century (i hope).

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #264 on: August 08, 2020, 02:10:30 PM »
Does your formation have an HQ element?

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #265 on: August 08, 2020, 03:03:31 PM »
Does your formation have an HQ element?

Yes, I tried to add more modules and it worked. However I did a formation with only xenos and the HQ. I will try later spawning the same formation but with xenos and infantry mixed (same as the previous one) and see if it is that interfering or it really just takes a lot of time.

EDIT: All good you just need a lot, but really a lot of Xenos...To have results within a year at least 100 modules of M vehicles with both specializations in Xeno.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 05:09:00 PM by froggiest1982 »

Offline Steiner

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
« Reply #266 on: August 09, 2020, 05:05:06 AM »
There is a problematic NPR behavior.  Two commercial ships of two  hostile to each other NPRs jumping back and forth at jump point and thus reducing 30 days increments to 6 hours 5 days to 2 hours.  Eventually something happens and they stop doing that and increments become normal.  But this could drag   for months and years and after that  somewhere else this could start again. 

I smuggled some tracking stations into that system  with back and forth jumping so I able to  notice it. 

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #267 on: August 09, 2020, 12:57:47 PM »
Not sure if bug or WAI.
If you change population density of the race the population growth scales weirdly. I would expect that basically the growth would be the same as if the population was (growth multiplier) times lower, but that is not the cas. For example the game gives you 10% population growth until you reach 10m people. If I increased the population density threefold I would expect to have 10% growth until I reach 30m people, but it starts dropping at 10m, as if density wasn't changed.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #268 on: August 09, 2020, 01:13:30 PM »
There is a problematic NPR behavior.  Two commercial ships of two  hostile to each other NPRs jumping back and forth at jump point and thus reducing 30 days increments to 6 hours 5 days to 2 hours.  Eventually something happens and they stop doing that and increments become normal.  But this could drag   for months and years and after that  somewhere else this could start again. 

I smuggled some tracking stations into that system  with back and forth jumping so I able to  notice it.

This could be a great find. A lot of people have experienced increment reduction like this, and it can go on for years. 
If you could post a db, it might help Steve be able to debug it.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #269 on: August 09, 2020, 01:22:12 PM »
Not sure if bug or WAI.
If you change population density of the race the population growth scales weirdly. I would expect that basically the growth would be the same as if the population was (growth multiplier) times lower, but that is not the cas. For example the game gives you 10% population growth until you reach 10m people. If I increased the population density threefold I would expect to have 10% growth until I reach 30m people, but it starts dropping at 10m, as if density wasn't changed.

Per Steve, pop growth percent is based on the absolute amount of population, not the percent of max capacity, until you get to 1/3 capacity.

Growth will follow the normal rules for up to 1/3rd of max capacity and then will fall off at a linear rate, hitting zero growth at max capacity (replicating the situation on Earth).

Also per Steve:
Population Density Modifier. This affect max population capacity, infrastructure capacity and orbital habitat capacity. Some species prefer more open environments while some can accept higher population densities than normal.

So it should be the case that your higher density race has a higher cap, and therefore will not experience the growth rate drop until a higher population than the lower density race.
If the planet has a very large capacity, both races would grow at the same rate for a long time.

The following users thanked this post: Haji