Author Topic: Eminent Domain and Civilian Mining Complexes  (Read 1783 times)

Offline doulos05 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
Eminent Domain and Civilian Mining Complexes
« on: November 16, 2015, 06:46:36 AM »
OK, so in my current game I'm hemorrhaging money.  Much of that money is going to 13 Civilian Mining Complexes that beat me to the punch on Mars.  Is there any way to destroy or nationalize those CMCs without deleting the colony?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Eminent Domain and Civilian Mining Complexes
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 07:19:40 AM »
No but it's perfectly justified to use spacemaster to spawn yourself 10 mines per CMC, I would send some marines there first and 'nationalise' the colony by force.
Keep in mind youll lose the CMCs garrison if you destroy the colony, hell you'll lose your marines too if you land them then destroy the colony.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 02:23:35 PM »
you can set those colonies to sell minerals to make money if you want. if its the minerals you absolutely want to keep, CMCs won't spawn on colonies of yours, so immediately make a colony anywhere with minerals you want for yourself.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 11:04:02 PM »
But he wants to prop up his bankrupt dicktatorship by nationalising all of the things! 
Aldo keep in mind you lose the free extra mines the CMCs will spawn over time.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "