Author Topic: Incredible System  (Read 1545 times)

Offline Decimator (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • D
Incredible System
« on: April 08, 2010, 08:31:06 PM »
I found this system while exploring.  How uncommon is it to find systems like this?  The star is a huge class B, so I wonder if that has something to do with it.  Nexus-A II has minerals well into the millions, and is colony cost 2.

Also, my game seems to have just become considerably more dangerous, as my home system is Legion, and the geosurvey I sent into Pluton was destroyed [spoiler:32r6xbro]by a large number of 1 damage hits that completely ignored armor.[/spoiler:32r6xbro]

Offline Journier

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • J
Re: Incredible System
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 10:00:32 PM »
for some reason i thought i read that the amount of Jump points was partially based on star size.

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 10:02:10 PM »
Quote from: "Decimator"
I found this system while exploring.  How uncommon is it to find systems like this?  The star is a huge class B, so I wonder if that has something to do with it.  Nexus-A II has minerals well into the millions, and is colony cost 2.

Also, my game seems to have just become considerably more dangerous, as my home system is Legion, and the geosurvey I sent into Pluton was destroyed [spoiler:246v4b45]by a large number of 1 damage hits that completely ignored armor.[/spoiler:246v4b45]

Lol, say hello to the StarSwarm

Matt
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline The Shadow

• Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 10:25:03 PM »
Quote from: "Journier"
for some reason i thought i read that the amount of Jump points was partially based on star size.

You recall correctly.

Decimator:  I see why you called that star 'Nexus'. :)  I'll bet it took a *long* time to survey, too!

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 12:16:33 AM »
14 JPs! I think my highest ever was 8 - my worst nightmare is when I get a 7 JP system linked to another 7 JP system that is linked to another blooming 7 JP system :shock:

Nice to have all the real estate, but a pain to picket, heh!

Offline The Shadow

• Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 02:17:48 AM »
It's not just a pain to picket, it's a pain even to lay out on the Galactic Map! :)