Author Topic: Creating Systems and Linking Them, AKA I Want my Aliens Next Door :)  (Read 970 times)

Offline Caplin (OP)

Hi ALl,

I'm probably missing something obvious, but I'm having trouble creating a scenario with an NPR one or two jumps from Sol. Granted, I can just say that the starting NPR will appear within X LY, but I was hoping to have a little more control over things.

I can create the star system I want them to live in, but I can't seem to edit the JPs leaving Sol or otherwise, at least as far as specifying where they link to. Is this a limitation of my choice of real stars, or just not possible?

Any info would be appreciated :)

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
I don't know what the interface is in C#, but jump points should definitely be editable in SM mode.

Offline Pedroig

• Lt. Commander
  • P
At the current time you can only change where/how many JP's are in a system, you can't control where they lead to.  You can track where they lead in SM, and then simply edit that system to make it your NPR home system.
si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Caplin (OP)

Thanks, I didn't think about doing it that way :) Will give it a try and see how well that works out.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Hi ALl,

I'm probably missing something obvious, but I'm having trouble creating a scenario with an NPR one or two jumps from Sol. Granted, I can just say that the starting NPR will appear within X LY, but I was hoping to have a little more control over things.

I can create the star system I want them to live in, but I can't seem to edit the JPs leaving Sol or otherwise, at least as far as specifying where they link to. Is this a limitation of my choice of real stars, or just not possible?

Any info would be appreciated :)

I have to honest with you. When I play real stars I HAVE ALWAYS the npr either next door (1 jump) or very close. I hope Steve can get system generation to work properly as at the moment I start building a very strong navy before exploring even one jump point to avoid getting obliterated fast.

I guess my Enterprise mission have to wait.

I like to RP no creation of any space vessel with weapons capability until proof of alien life has been found, either a wreck a ruin a pop or a spoil race.

PLEASE NOTE: I may have been extremely unlucky (or lucky depending on your point of view in the matter) with npr generation but I have senn multiple users reporting the same "issue".