Author Topic: Changing the size of some ship components (DB edit)  (Read 1024 times)

Offline vorpal+5 (OP)

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Changing the size of some ship components (DB edit)
« on: November 15, 2020, 04:53:25 AM »
I'm stuck on this one. The list of components to research is in TechSystem, but their mass is not defined here. I searched the data fields TechSystemID and TechtypeID in all other tables (well, np++ did that for me after a JSON export  ;D ) and I found no relevant info tying the techs to an additional table.

So, any idea gents? Perhaps that's hard coded in the code, or I missed something ...

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Changing the size of some ship components (DB edit)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 06:00:16 AM »
I'm stuck on this one. The list of components to research is in TechSystem, but their mass is not defined here. I searched the data fields TechSystemID and TechtypeID in all other tables (well, np++ did that for me after a JSON export  ;D ) and I found no relevant info tying the techs to an additional table.

So, any idea gents? Perhaps that's hard coded in the code, or I missed something ...

The physical components are in FCT_ShipDesignComponents. The SDComponentID links to the TechSystemID. The Size column is in HS.

Be careful you don't accidently change anything to zero, as that would cause problems :)

Also, please don't report any bugs that can't be reproduced on a non-modified DB.

The following users thanked this post: Malorn, vorpal+5

Offline vorpal+5 (OP)

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Changing the size of some ship components (DB edit)
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 07:24:25 AM »
Thanks a lot Steve. Promised, I will be (1) prudent and (2) not report anything I can't reproduce on a vanilla game. Thanks for the trust and help  :)