Author Topic: AutoMedal - When a character reach XX value  (Read 1092 times)

Offline idefelipe (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
AutoMedal - When a character reach XX value
« on: April 17, 2020, 11:47:25 AM »
Hey.

I love the medal system, and I like to have several medals configured in order to give more background and deep to the story. And, something I do manually is to award a medal to those characters that reach 25% in one skill (each skill has its own medal).

For example, a character is recruited with a 25% in survey, so I reward the "Survey Distinguished Service" (or whatever name I set), if that character reach 50% (sometimes they do!!) then I reward the "Survey Excellence Medal" (or whatever name I set), and so on... (I have not seen a 75% skill never xD)

Steve, would be this very difficult to implement as another option for automedals?

For example to 25% and 50% on each skill? (200 in crew training, 400 in crew training...)

The following users thanked this post: YABG

Offline YABG

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Y
Re: AutoMedal - When a character reach XX value
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 12:29:07 PM »
I'd also like to see, if possible from a coding perspective, a condition that awards medals based off of the name list that the officer got their name from.

This would allow, in UN or NATO-like empires, the player to create ribbons that distinguish which country an officer comes from. If we get an [and] clause as well, we'll also be able to set up medals that mimic member nations having their own medals for officers.

The following users thanked this post: idefelipe, Barkhorn

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: AutoMedal - When a character reach XX value
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 06:03:27 PM »
there was also a very good suggestion of making the medals with the option OR and AND as it is actually now possible only to create medals with the OR function. I personally think Steve might expand the new Medal system when he's got the time and probably review also your idea.