Author Topic: Choose the destinations of new jump points in SM?  (Read 985 times)

Offline SpaceCowboy (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • S
Choose the destinations of new jump points in SM?
« on: May 03, 2020, 08:48:45 AM »
One thing I miss from the designer-mode in VB6 is the option to choose the destination star when exploring new jump points.   For RP reasons when I'm doing a Real Stars game, I like having Sol connect to Alpha Cen, Barnard's Star, etc.  , and eventually having connections to sci-fi staples like Tau Ceti, Epsilon Eridani, Sigma Draconis.

Would it possible to move the old "Choose JP Dest.  " checkbox into SM-mode on C#?

The following users thanked this post: REDACTED

Offline Haji

• Captain
Re: Choose the destinations of new jump points in SM?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 09:12:11 AM »
I second that. It is a very, very useful tool for those who heavily role-play their campaigns.

Edit: I would also like to add that it would be nice to know when two of my empires know the same system. I'm currently playing a four empire campaign with each starting at a different location. Back in VB6 aurora I knew contact was made because I could switch between races on the tactical screen but now I can do that all the time. While incredibly useful to quickly move between the empires it makes it very difficult to know if a system I just discovered has been visited by someone else which is important in heavily role-played multi nation campaigns like this.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 09:58:07 AM by Haji »

Offline kks

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 09:14:54 AM »
Yes, this would be nice.
I didn't know this was still missing. Took a long time of adding and deleting JPs to make sure my empires were connected on realstars.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 09:54:48 AM »
Yep this would be nice, I also often spawn the "classic" sci-fi systems manualy and connect them together.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 05:01:38 AM »
In other words, bring back the "Edit JP" button for SpaceMaster and System ID numbers.

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 01:27:55 AM »
I'm bumping the thread hoping Steve will see it as I just had to abandon my campaign due to lack of that button. I'm playing non-real stars and for the love of me I can't make any connections between known jump points. It may be due to upgrade from 1.9.3 to 1.9.4 but even in the latter system generation and jump connection is wonky at best and the game options don't help. With that button I could make the connections manually but as it is my four empires will likely never meet. So I have to put on hold a campaign that I've been playing for a week now :/