Author Topic: QOL Default Fleet  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Lightning (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • L
QOL Default Fleet
« on: May 05, 2020, 10:32:47 AM »
I know the auto delete of task forces is WAI, however, I would like to see a fleet set as the default for a shipyard being prevented from auto delete when there are not active shipyard tasks, for example, when a tug pulls the last ship out. A warning that it is the default fleet for a shipyard on manual deletion would be nice as well if it doesn't already exist as I haven't tried that.

I don't know how many times I've had to recreate my default shipyard fleet because of the auto delete feature.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 10:35:10 AM by Lightning »

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: QOL Default Fleet
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 07:03:04 AM »
This might have been my number one use for PDCs in VB Aurora.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 07:06:26 AM »
I know the auto delete of task forces is WAI, however, I would like to see a fleet set as the default for a shipyard being prevented from auto delete when there are not active shipyard tasks, for example, when a tug pulls the last ship out. A warning that it is the default fleet for a shipyard on manual deletion would be nice as well if it doesn't already exist as I haven't tried that.

I don't know how many times I've had to recreate my default shipyard fleet because of the auto delete feature.

I second this. Not only because I posted it earlier in the thread.  :)

My current workaround is to design a tiny ship (called zPlaceholder) and SM-add it to any fleets I don't want to disappear.
Oh--you'll want to add the smallest fuel tank to the design, otherwise you'll get a (harmless) divide by zero error whenever you detach all other ships from a fleet with a zPlaceholder.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 07:08:26 AM »
Yes... this would be quite good.

I also Space Masted a shipyard tender "ship" to whatever fleet I want to always be there and never deleted... not optimal but something you can do.

Offline kenlon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • k
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 03:04:59 PM »
The ability to flag specific fleets to make them continue to exist even if all ships are removed via merging/scrapping/etc would be a nice addition.

And, while we're looking at the fleet deployment screen, Admin Commands could use a little tweaking. They are very handy, but it's a pain keeping them staffed, since "automate assignment" doesn't put officers into them (which I agree with.) Adding the ability to mark Admins so that they notify in the event log any time that the Admin is uncommanded would allows you to guarantee that the important ones are staffed at all times, while not forcing you to keep commanders for all of them at all times.

The following users thanked this post: skoormit