Author Topic: UI Improvements - minor  (Read 1370 times)

Offline IanD (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
UI Improvements - minor
« on: May 10, 2020, 08:02:58 AM »
Naval Organisattion Tab - The Delete button is next to the Detach button could the two buttons be separated. I have actually managed to accidently delete a ship instead of detaching it  ::)

Naval Organisation Tab - Combat screen - Could the Sync Fire on/off buttons be coloured when activated. I find it difficult to tell if they are on or off.
IanD

The following users thanked this post: Gabethebaldandbold

Offline Mr.Nap

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
Re: UI Improvements - minor
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 08:08:01 AM »
Naval Organisattion Tab - The Delete button is next to the Detach button could the two buttons be separated. I have actually managed to accidently delete a ship instead of detaching it  ::)

Naval Organisation Tab - Combat screen - Could the Sync Fire on/off buttons be coloured when activated. I find it difficult to tell if they are on or off.

For the Sync fire is a very good suggestion

Offline Ruisert

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • R
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 01:00:44 PM »
I noticed that under Research, the completion date is usually unreadable due to the excessive length of the string/lack of space in field.  This ~may~ be due to my monitor resolution (1680x1050) or maybe not.   Also, not sure why I need to know the day of the week my research will complete. 
Suggested solutions - 1) make the display for the dates expandable by users. 
2) Increase the space for the field so the longest string fits. 
3) Better, use a numerical format (1/1/2030 rather than January 1, 2030, or however it's currently displayed).  And, if the day of the week is important for some reason I am unaware of, it could be shortened to M, T, W, Th, F, S, Su. 
Ex: "W 1/1/2030".

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 07:57:25 PM »
I noticed that under Research, the completion date is usually unreadable due to the excessive length of the string/lack of space in field.  This ~may~ be due to my monitor resolution (1680x1050) or maybe not.   Also, not sure why I need to know the day of the week my research will complete. 
Suggested solutions - 1) make the display for the dates expandable by users. 
2) Increase the space for the field so the longest string fits. 
3) Better, use a numerical format (1/1/2030 rather than January 1, 2030, or however it's currently displayed).  And, if the day of the week is important for some reason I am unaware of, it could be shortened to M, T, W, Th, F, S, Su. 
Ex: "W 1/1/2030".

As per the Known Issues post.
Date formats. Some users see the day of the week in displayed dates, which means there is not enough room. This can be fixed in by changing Windows date to shorter format in settings.

Offline twice2double

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • t
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 08:12:45 PM »
Another option is to use AuroraMod's custom date/datetime format feature.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 03:22:30 AM »

Sync fire isn't a simple on/off as you can have some ships synced and some not. However, ships have (SF) next to them when Sync Fire is on.

I've moved Delete to the last button.

Offline IanD (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 12:30:00 PM »
Sync fire isn't a simple on/off as you can have some ships synced and some not. However, ships have (SF) next to them when Sync Fire is on.

I've moved Delete to the last button.

Thanks Steve
IanD

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2020, 11:18:07 PM »
Microscopic UI, 30 secs to do improvement if you please ...

Intelligence Window
Known Class
Selected Class and Attributes
Hull Description

Instead of having only the acronym of the class name, add also the name in clear. So

Hull Description   >   >   >    >   >      JCS

would become

Hull Description   Jump Colony Ship   JCS

The following users thanked this post: Akhillis