Author Topic: Solarian Empires - Part 3  (Read 8468 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Solarian Empires - Part 3
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 03:43:48 AM »
Having communication established and good relations with the alien race before someone else attacks them should probably counteract that somewhat.

I think another look at the diplomacy system would be nice right now. Currently the only thing you would want to do (not including RP reasons) is destroy every other alien race in the galaxy. Allies have almost no benefit and most the time are even a detriment.

I agree. I do need to completely overhaul the diplomacy system. In a month or two I plan to have a few days off and do some programming :)

Steve

Offline joeclark77

• Commander
  • j
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 02:36:08 PM »
I agree. I do need to completely overhaul the diplomacy system. In a month or two I plan to have a few days off and do some programming :)

Steve
Oh, but don't wait that long to release 6.4!  Maybe give us a 6.35 in the meantime?

Offline Triato

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 03:34:41 PM »
Hello, I am new to the forum.  First of all congratulations for this excelent of a game!

Maybe empires of the same race could also be less likelly to go to war if they discover an alien species.  Also there could be empires wich are less or more  influenced by the species of other empires, there could even be empires more likelly to wage war against othe empires of the same species (for example there could be an empire that considers itself the rightfull heir of humanity´s goverment).

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2014, 08:35:40 AM »
Good idea. In v6.4, I've added the possibility of two or three alien empires of the same species sharing the same planet. It's a 9% chance for 2 and 1% for 3.

Cool. Is sharing the same planet a requirement though? One likely scenario (for both humans as in your scenario, and aliens) is that the race split into not entirely friendly empires after colonizing different planets.