Author Topic: How long does it take for mining complexes to move?  (Read 2167 times)

Offline Jacob/Lee (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • (Where I got this .gif beats me!)
How long does it take for mining complexes to move?
« on: September 29, 2011, 06:44:01 PM »
The civilians thought it would be a great idea to dump 10 complexes on the rather low-mineral Hyperion. It closed down within 6 years. Anyway, how long will it take for those mining complexes to be moved? Venus has some nice duranium deposits on it...

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: How long does it take for mining complexes to move?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 07:37:51 PM »
The civilians thought it would be a great idea to dump 10 complexes on the rather low-mineral Hyperion. It closed down within 6 years. Anyway, how long will it take for those mining complexes to be moved? Venus has some nice duranium deposits on it...
Civ. mining complexes don't move when the minerals are exhausted - they evaporate.  Send a troop transport to pick up the governor (remember to mark him as available for pickup) and the garrison battalion and then abandon the colony....

John

Offline Jacob/Lee (OP)

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 07:54:19 PM »
Civ. mining complexes don't move when the minerals are exhausted - they evaporate.  Send a troop transport to pick up the governor (remember to mark him as available for pickup) and the garrison battalion and then abandon the colony....

John
But... But... The event message :(

Offline andrea69

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 09:12:11 PM »

John

Why use the transport for the governor? Isn't it enough to reassign him from the leaders window?

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 12:20:43 AM »
Why use the transport for the governor? Isn't it enough to reassign him from the leaders window?

That works too, although if you want him on Earth he's probably not high enough rank.  In addition, you'll need to reassign whoever he displaces when he gets assigned.  I'm moderately sure that you can't just tell him to teleport to another planet without making him governor there (or did Steve put that in recently?)  I mainly use the transport since it's going there anyway....

John

Offline Dutchling

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 12:18:52 PM »
I thought officers who are not assigned to anything aren't really on a fixed location?

Offline Jacob/Lee (OP)

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 12:23:41 PM »
I thought officers who are not assigned to anything aren't really on a fixed location?
They aren't. I just assigned an administrator to a colony in a system 3 jumps away and the academy is on Earth. You can only move officers if they're in a team.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 12:57:28 PM »
They aren't. I just assigned an administrator to a colony in a system 3 jumps away and the academy is on Earth. You can only move officers if they're in a team.

If you check the "Available for pickup" box on the officer, they are well, available for pickup and transport. They "live" on the planet with the academy that trained them.

Offline andrea69

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 10:55:00 AM »
If you check the "Available for pickup" box on the officer, they are well, available for pickup and transport. They "live" on the planet with the academy that trained them.
Ok, but why should I transport an officer if not to assign him to a duty? If I can do it instantaneously from the officer window, what is the point of transporting him?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 10:59:28 AM »
Ok, but why should I transport an officer if not to assign him to a duty? If I can do it instantaneously from the officer window, what is the point of transporting him?

Because instant assignment is only an option. If you turn that off, you have to manually transport officers to where you need them to be.

Steve