Author Topic: Additional Flags  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Maltay (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Additional Flags
« on: December 25, 2012, 01:08:28 PM »
How do I add additional flags?  When I download a flag as .jpg, follow the naming convention of flag***.jpg, and place it in the /flags directory I cannot select it from the Races screen.  Instead, I receive an error.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Offline Maltay (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: Additional Flags
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 03:07:30 PM »
Anyone?
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 04:10:46 PM »
I am not having any problems so post the error in the bug report thread. I just took a battle screenshot, converted it to jpg and put it in, and it worked. here is my test flag:

Naming convention doesn't seem to matter, but file format might. Are you sure these are jpegs? perhaps opening it in paint and saving as jpg will work.

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 02:33:07 PM »
Size of the flag may also be an issue, check that your new flag is about the same dimensions as the ones already in the folder

Matt
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 03:33:27 PM »
size doesn't seem to matter too much, many flags are many different sizes, and Aurora successfully resized my screenshot to the standard flag size.