Author Topic: Day of Aviation and Cosmonautics  (Read 2010 times)

Offline littleWolf (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • l
Day of Aviation and Cosmonautics
« on: April 12, 2020, 02:20:38 AM »
Today, 12 April 1961 year,  cosmonaut Yuri Alekseevich Gagarin flew for the first time round the planet Earth in the orbital spacecraft Vostok. The flight, which the world watched with admiration, lasted 108 minutes.

Its a great day for humankind, first humans step into space.
(sorry my bad English)

« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 05:44:52 AM by littleWolf »

The following users thanked this post: Steve Walmsley, Garfunkel, Marski, Shuul, Rye123, SevenOfCarina, L0ckAndL0ad, VimWabbit

Offline L0ckAndL0ad

• Lieutenant
  • L
Re: Day of Aviation and Cosmonautics
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 05:24:06 AM »
I hope nobody would mind if I use this thread today as an opportunity to promote space exploration games. They changed my life, in one way or another, so if anyone is not familiar with them yet, then, well... you're welcome :)

1. Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space

2. Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

3. Kerbal Space Program

Off-Topic: show

BARIS and BASPM are more about the management side of things, with both having authentic visuals and content. KSP is something very special entirely. It helps you explore how orbital mechanics really work, in a fun and ehm... fiery, explosive way.

I still remember landing my first spacecraft on Mun in 2012.

Off-Topic: show

As well as my exploration mission in 2013 where I used in-game sensor data, RL data and equations to study the similarities between real planetary bodies, the theoretical data I should have gotten in the game, and the actual data I got with sensors. Not a lot of games allow for such a thing.

And let's not forget to thank Steve Walmsley for allowing us to enjoy playing Aurora to fulfill our own space exploration dreams as well!

The following users thanked this post: Shuul