Author Topic: Adjust NPR for RP reasons  (Read 1701 times)

Offline Sarganto (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
Adjust NPR for RP reasons
« on: May 28, 2014, 09:41:38 AM »
Hi folks,

I am currently in a new game after a long time and I have just met my first NPR, with their homeworld just 2 jumps from Sol!

They are far too advanced and too for the kind of game that I want to play, so I wanted to ask if there is any way to adjust their homeworld size/population, their technology and so on?

Offline papent

• Lieutenant
  • Off We Go Into The Wild Blue Yonder
Re: Adjust NPR for RP reasons
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 09:45:02 AM »
the way i would do it would be by editing the database

EDIT:
but why edit the NPR just take them they way they come just think of it like love 32000 k/s missile love
In my humble opinion anything that could be considered a balance issue is a moot point unless the AI utilize it against you because otherwise it's an exploit you willing choose to use to game the system. 
Rule 0 Is effect : "The SM is always right/ What SM Says Goes."

Offline NihilRex

• Lieutenant
  • N
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 10:24:55 AM »
Tech, not so much.  Size?  Design some Humongous ships, SM create them, SM move them over the NPR world, and open fire.

Trim to desired size, abandon ships.

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 11:29:18 AM »
SM delete their system or remove the connecting JP.

Offline Wolfius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • W
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 07:05:33 PM »
Tech, not so much.  Size?  Design some Humongous ships, SM create them, SM move them over the NPR world, and open fire.

Trim to desired size, abandon ships.

Heh. Along those lines, you could also create a colony on their world(s) and SM dust and radiation in, or SM-terraform the enviroment so it's hostile to them, to reduce their population. Maybe RP it as them having a massive industrial accident ala Praxis. :p

Offline Sarganto (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 07:35:23 PM »
So there is no direct way via SM to mess with edit them?

Or would that require the designer thingy?

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 03:38:54 AM »
NPR's the game creates through either your or another NPR exploration are under full game control and hidden from both you and the SM mode. So you cannot use SM to actually "edit" the NPR race in any way at all. You can only use the SM mode to edit the universe they live in, such as deleting stuff you can already see like systems etc.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 06:46:43 AM »
NPR's the game creates through either your or another NPR exploration are under full game control and hidden from both you and the SM mode. So you cannot use SM to actually "edit" the NPR race in any way at all. You can only use the SM mode to edit the universe they live in, such as deleting stuff you can already see like systems etc.

Unless designer mode is turned on, in which case their race becomes visible.  You can ask Steve for the designer password.  Note that (IIRC) you need to be careful in designer mode since you can still corrupt the game - the AI plays with slightly different rules (e.g. no fuel consumed by ships, lots of minerals so it doesn't run out (since it's not clever enough to do a good job of planning for/avoiding this case)) so if you add/remove the wrong thing you might confuse it.  Just dropping population and/or industry numbers should be ok, though.

John