Author Topic: view geology team survey status  (Read 1020 times)

Offline ryuga81 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • r
view geology team survey status
« on: November 13, 2016, 03:51:08 PM »
Is the colony summary the only way to know if a geology survey has been conducted on a planet?

I used to make a colony on a planet, do the survey, abandon the planet, but after doing that a few times in a system, I couldn't remember which planets I did survey and which ones I did not.  Now I keep the colony so I know which ones I did survey, but that way my colony list is huge and cluttered. 

I can't seem to find that information on any other screen (system view, geo survey view etc. )

Thanks!

Offline RikerPicard

• Petty Officer
  • R
Re: view geology team survey status
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 04:09:11 PM »
I think the colony list is the only place to find that information. I never bother putting a team on every rock, only surveying places that either have minerals, are not uninhabitable, or are the closest body to a jump point. One question this raises, can a team find minerals where space surveys found none, or is it only extra minerals where minerals already exist?

Offline ryuga81 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • r
Re: view geology team survey status
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 04:19:33 PM »
Quote from: RikerPicard link=topic=9168. msg99064#msg99064 date=1479074951
I think the colony list is the only place to find that information.  I never bother putting a team on every rock, only surveying places that either have minerals, are not uninhabitable, or are the closest body to a jump point.  One question this raises, can a team find minerals where space surveys found none, or is it only extra minerals where minerals already exist?

Well, I don't survey every rock too, I just survey all places with >1000km diameter, but there are often dozens of such bodies in a system (usually all planets and a decent number of moons)