Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 212461 times)

Offline Detros

• Commander
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #690 on: June 14, 2017, 12:51:38 AM »
Production->Research: typo in warning shown when you try to add research facility to a researcher who doesn't have high enough administration level
"This scientist cannot control any more research faciltiies": "faciltiies"->"facilities"

Offline Ceebees

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • C
« Reply #691 on: June 15, 2017, 02:03:10 AM »
Ran a quick search on this thread and didn't see anyone else with this issue, so i figure i might as well put it up for consideration.  I'm trying a conventional start for laughs, and to get some surveying done while the shipyard builds up enough to launch surveyors, i made a series of geosurvey buoys to be launched from the starting ICBM bases.  However, i noticed that buoys with no engines are listed as having a maximum survey points output of zero.  Reactor space is still assigned.

I tested it real quick, and the probes appear to last until the survey is complete.  So, it's just that it the value listed in the missile design screen seems to be simply (engine endurance time) * (survey sensor value), ignoring the role of stationary survey buoys.

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #692 on: June 15, 2017, 03:04:22 AM »
Primary/secondary order "Refuel at Colony or Tanker" results in refuelling at colony in other systems even when a tanker loaded with fuel is closer.

If I want to refuel only in either I can pick separate order. If this is not using "the closest option" then how does it find which refuelling spot to use?

Offline Senji

• Leading Rate
« Reply #693 on: June 15, 2017, 03:08:38 AM »
Same here.
It's take place only if the tanker is not in the system of the fleet/ship who want too refuel.

I didn't test with the resupply conditionnal order.

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #694 on: June 17, 2017, 04:04:36 PM »
Hotkey Ctrl+F2 for Race details screen seems to work only when the main Empire window is selected.
Other hotkeys, while not working from all pages, work for most of them, like from Task Forces, Events or from Production.

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #695 on: June 19, 2017, 12:30:13 AM »
Technology report
  • some categories are in plural, some in singular, plural makes more sense here
  • Gauss cannon: column Maximum range is showing "10,000km/s", next to it is Range modifier 1

• just merge them into one column called "Range" and show it in "km" instead of "km/s"
    • or if you name the first one "Launch velocity" the value should be just 2000 km/s for basic Gauss to get 10000 km/5s interval
  • Lasers and other beam weapons: column Max rate of rate is showing "10s"

• it should either be named "Reload time"
    • or show "0.5" aka "half reloaded per one 5s interval"

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #696 on: June 19, 2017, 02:29:17 AM »
When shipping lines load infrastructure from Earth they will first snatch any standard one (Summary tab) before getting any trade one (Wealth tab). So they are taking it even when there are no civilians contracts supplying it.

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #697 on: June 20, 2017, 02:35:38 AM »
Industry->Research:
  • looking at the history, shouldn't Small Craft ECM / Small Craft ECCM be now named Figther ECM / Fighter ECCM?
  • all Small Craft ECM / Small Craft ECCM techs have info text of Compact ECM / ECCM instead
  • while rewriting that info, could you add research tree hints

• "Compact ECM / ECCM can be only researched up to level of Standard ECM / ECCM lowered by one"
    • "Small Craft ECM / ECCM can be only researched up to level of Compact ECM / ECCM halved"

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #698 on: June 20, 2017, 02:51:37 AM »
When designing a ship, you are supposed to be unable to add more than one spinal weapon.  But if you have advanced spinal mounts researched, you can add one weapon using advanced spinal mounting AND one using regular spinal mounting, which I do not believe is intended.
I thought that is rather a feature. The advanced spinal weapon is wrapped around the spinal weapon and then around both of them is the rest of the ship. See the cuts of circular ships (X):

Normal weapons (N)
Code: [Select]
N   N
NXXXN
XXXXX

Spinal weapon (S)
  S
 XSX
XXSXX

Advanced Spinal weapon (A)
  AA
 XAAX
XXAAXX

Spinal and Advanced Spinal weapon
  ASA
 XASAX
XXASAXX

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #699 on: June 20, 2017, 08:05:25 PM »
I thought both variants of spinal weapons were meant to be weapons that the whole ship is built around, like the MAC's in the Halo universe, or whatever they called the big laser on the Space Battleship Yamato.  It seems like if the advanced spinal weapons are wrapped around the standard ones, they aren't really spinal.

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #700 on: June 22, 2017, 03:53:02 AM »
  • queued techs stay queued even after they are found in ruins
    EDIT: ...and once the previous research is completed work on this tech starts without anyone noticing it is already listed in Completed techs
  • multiple similar NPR ships appearing together (?) lead to multiple NPR classes with the same name (but intelligence update can be merged into "3x" message)

Off-Topic: show

« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 05:11:40 AM by Detros »

Offline obsidian_green

• Lieutenant
  • o
« Reply #701 on: June 24, 2017, 02:20:40 AM »
Somehow Aurora doesn't recognize my Gauss cannons. I'm fairly certain I had them set up correctly for final fire in PD mode(and subsequently tried different settings as the enemy salvos came in, all to no avail while CIWS took out the missiles instead), but they failed to fire on incoming. My suspicion that this might be more than user-error was piqued when I noticed that my Gauss cannons did not display a max weapon range, something my lasers continued to display even when I unlinked them from all fire control.

Just to clarify, even if I had screwed up on the Combat Assignment screen (tested by both unassigning completely and assigning to inferior FCs my lasers without any change to the max weapon range radius), the max weapon radius of my Gauss cannons should be visible ... but no Gauss weapon radii display at all, nor do they work. It's a situation that seems apparent across two different ships and gauss weapon designs ... none display the max range and I've seen none of them fire.

EDIT: I've finally seen Gauss fire, so maybe the higher initiative on my CIWS ship gave it priority when it was targeted. I briefly split the force (on suspicion this might be the case) and perhaps that led to the salvo my Gauss just engaged targeting a ship not equipped with CIWS. That's some relief.

I guess the absence of a max range display for the Gauss cannons might still be considered a bug.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 11:09:50 AM by obsidian_green »

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #702 on: June 25, 2017, 01:57:06 PM »
I am not sure what is the core issue but I have noted I get tons of errors if I try to zoom somewhere to 100k km range shown in the left upper corner of System map. Usually closing Aurora, reopening it, using Task groups in other system to move focus to this other system, then switching back to the original one and zooming out to normal zoom range of you billion km works to fix this in case I forgot the issue. Last time I managed to get to 10k km range but then on restarting Aurora I got tons of errors even before getting to the starting screen with game settings. After multiple tries I just loaded last save and continued from there. Currently I am in year 42 of conventional start of my Trisabria game.

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #703 on: July 01, 2017, 02:45:39 PM »
Power plants don't have any means to be armoured, yet they are shown with armour stat in Class design screen, both in "Design view" and "Full summary view":
Tomlinson & Watts Stellarator Fusion Reactor Technology PB-1 P6 (3)     Total Power Output 18    Armour 0    Exp 5%
And this "Armour = 0" is not just HTK as some have suggested.
These are 1 HS power plants thus they have 1 HTK each, 3 together.

Could this be a relict of old version where armoured power plants were possible?

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #704 on: July 12, 2017, 04:04:12 AM »
Production->Research:
If a race designed component (i.e. laser weapon) is used in a design and you unresearch it with "Remove" button, no warning appears.
If an unresearched race designed component (i.e. laser weapon) is used in a design and you try removing it with "Delete" button, you are warned and the component is not deleted.

Shouldn't it stop you even during the unresearching part?