Author Topic: Ruins and Jump Gates  (Read 2330 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Ruins and Jump Gates
« on: February 24, 2008, 11:05:03 AM »
I have expanded the possible types of ruins in v2.6 from five to ten. They also have slightly more descriptive names, such as Abandoned Installation, Ruined City and the very useful Deserted Intact City.

In addition, the precursors did have a jump gate network and some of those jump gates remain. Therefore there is a possibility that newly discovered systems may have the occasional jump gate. Of course, there is no way for the player to tell if this is an ancient jump gate or one created by a more recent civilization.

Finally, I have changed precursors to represent a wider range of lost civilizations so there will be several different precursor races and some of their ships will be lower tech than before. Precursors may also have their own gravitational survey ships that will begin surveying if disturbed. They will automatically probe new jump points and survey new systems, just as a player race would.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: Tor Cha

Offline Shinanygnz

• Lieutenant
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 04:34:52 PM »
Sounds very cool.  When do we get to play with these new toys?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Shinanygnz »

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 06:56:25 PM »
Quote from: "Shinanygnz"
Sounds very cool.  When do we get to play with these new toys?

At least a week or two. I am going to create a new campaign to test out the new ruins and the updated precursors, as well as the complete re-write of fighters and the introduction of associated tech. Not to mention Nebulas, Gauss Cannon and Transponders.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Mor

• Commander
Re: Ruins and Jump Gates
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 08:10:33 PM »
Finally, I have changed precursors to represent a wider range of lost civilizations so there will be several different precursor races and some of their ships will be lower tech than before. Precursors may also have their own gravitational survey ships that will begin surveying if disturbed. They will automatically probe new jump points and survey new systems, just as a player race would.

Is the above still in effect, or has been changed. Also overall information (flavor and mechanics) about precursors is rather sketchy so any additional details will be a huge boon!

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Ruins and Jump Gates
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 09:28:14 PM »
The ruins are still as described, when you survey them you'll be good what the race was just as stated above, however as far as I remember I've never seen any precursor grav ships.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "