Author Topic: Fuel unloading/scrapping  (Read 2642 times)

Offline Frick (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
Fuel unloading/scrapping
« on: October 31, 2015, 05:06:14 AM »
Is it possible to unload fuel to a colony somehow? And what happens to the fuel if I scrap a ship? The reason for asking is that I have a bunch of big old inneficent freighters with big, full tanks, and I don't know what to do with them (except having them as new officer dumping grounds).

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
Re: Fuel unloading/scrapping
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 06:30:12 AM »
The remaining fuel gets unloaded to the planet when you scrap a ship, and it will even directly message you to say how much you got from it.
To unload fuel without scrapping, you will have to head to the design window with the ship design in question and check the "tanker" checkbox. This allows all the fuel unload/load and sharing commands when giving orders in the task group window, but it is generally good to not leave that checkbox eternally checked later, as it designates the ship as a tanker in any regards, meaning thirsty ship will probably try to refuel from it, and that could have unwelcome effects.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline GreatTuna

• Lt. Commander
Re: Fuel unloading/scrapping
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 07:02:48 AM »
To unload the fuel from ship to planet, you need to go to Individual Unit Details window, Miscellaneous tab. There will be edit fields and buttons to manually transfer fuel\MSP from ship to other ship\colony.

The following users thanked this post: Backdraft