Author Topic: 3.2 Bugs  (Read 20702 times)

Offline Cassaralla

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
Re: 3.2 Bugs
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2008, 10:28:27 AM »
Quote from: "James Patten"
There appears to be a bug of some sort related to research and design relating to engines.

I researched the first level power plant, and before I could start researching the first level engine I found that I could design a missile with an engine.  Once I started researching the missile engine that ability went away.

I also researched the first level engine, then went to design my first engine and research it.  Before the research was started that engine was available for putting on ships.

It may only happen if you have one option available for each of the selections for engines.

I've had this one as well.  Started Pre TransNewtonian and researched the first engine tech.  Immediately went to design the engine from that to discover there was one already available.  Not sure if it popped up on researching the tech or had always been there as I hadn't looked at the Technology Summary screen before that point.

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 11:34:57 AM »
am setting game start in 2015..for two times (ive been restart) in 2083's am encounter an bug very vicious..bug in Addtimeadvance and savetime..1,then 2,then 3 taskgroup come into bug evry years from 2084..and every time am going on years (next turns) a lot of bug's message come..very noise.am boring to hit "ok" up every litle bug windows..
Do u have encounter this situation,steve? ive a italian keyboard...some trouble for those?

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2008, 10:37:02 AM »
Quote from: "backstab"
Steve,

When I am designing a Race I get
Error 3265 was generated by DAO. Fields Item no found in this collection
Just before it works out the industry
Found and fixed for v3.3. While annoying, this bug has no effect on the game. Its caused by a missing field on the NPR Classes table in the databases.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2008, 11:13:32 AM »
Quote from: "Laurence"
Buy Ships From the Civilian Fleet

It appears that the civies don't do any maintenance at all.  :)

I have corrected this for v3.3 so that the overhaul clocks on any civilian ships are set to zero when bought by Empires.

Steve

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2008, 04:24:15 PM »
in 3rd restart ive encounter a recurrent bug:
EVERY time am playing.and every time am pass 7 january 2084 (year beginning:2015) am stopped into this message: "Error in AddHistory-Error 3421 was generated by DAO.field "error in conversion of data type"..am click ok and pass forward..but..
when am typiyng or inquiring an Earthling taskGroup windows am found this follow message: "Error in DisplayHistory-Error 94 was generated by Aurora-Invalid use of Null"
ive 3 races but this bug coming first in mankind Fleet then 1month next another Alien TG are hit by this "virus"..very strange.
And at last: if am continue in next step "30days advance" are a newly bug message: "Error in SaveGameTime-Error 3421 was generated by DAO.Field-error in conversion of data type-(roughly traslation from italian).
Good work...i cant understand where the mistake or trouble.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2008, 05:52:30 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "Laurence"
Buy Ships From the Civilian Fleet

It appears that the civies don't do any maintenance at all.  :)

I have corrected this for v3.3 so that the overhaul clocks on any civilian ships are set to zero when bought by Empires.

Steve
How about have the clock be set to a random time between 0 and 5 years.  It is fairly reasonable to assume that the civilian owners will not pay for an overhaul just before selling it to the government.

Brian

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2008, 08:15:56 AM »
Now am re-install full 3.2 from zero.And am play your (STEVE) preservation Campaign..for now all good (3 years ongoing)--hope for not encounter stupid bug "SaveGame" or "AddHistory"..see ya.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2008, 08:54:07 AM »
Quote from: "waresky"
in 3rd restart ive encounter a recurrent bug:
EVERY time am playing.and every time am pass 7 january 2084 (year beginning:2015) am stopped into this message: "Error in AddHistory-Error 3421 was generated by DAO.field "error in conversion of data type"..am click ok and pass forward..but..
when am typiyng or inquiring an Earthling taskGroup windows am found this follow message: "Error in DisplayHistory-Error 94 was generated by Aurora-Invalid use of Null"
ive 3 races but this bug coming first in mankind Fleet then 1month next another Alien TG are hit by this "virus"..very strange.
And at last: if am continue in next step "30days advance" are a newly bug message: "Error in SaveGameTime-Error 3421 was generated by DAO.Field-error in conversion of data type-(roughly traslation from italian).
Good work...i cant understand where the mistake or trouble.
Its a bug and a fairly big one too. Game TIme is stored in a currency variable, which means the game can last up to thirty million years :). Unfortunately in a couple of places in the database it is stored as a long variable, which holds a lot less. One of those places is in the new History table, which is used for ships and fleets, and the other is in tracking the Previous Game Time in the Game table. Because these are too small to store the game time for longer games (70 years+), you get the above errors. Both have been corrected for v3.3.

Anyone with a long campaign who is concerned about this, email me. I will be able to modify your existing database to fix the problem.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2008, 08:54:42 AM »
Now am re-install full 3.2 from zero.And am play your (STEVE) preservation Campaign..for now all good (3 years ongoing)--hope for not encounter stupid bug "SaveGame" or "AddHistory"..see ya.
You won't get the bug for about 70 years :)

Steve

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2008, 02:51:25 PM »
Ok STEVE,now am send u,via email,the Stevefire database BEFORE the bug,roughly around 7 december 2083..THE BUG coming next 1 or 2 months advance:)  so u can try and test ok? see ya ma friend.

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2008, 12:27:35 PM »
mmmm...so am send mine campaign database at steve at 2083 situation..one question for u Steve..ur Campaign (original_Preservation II) are very cool..for fix it from bug (above look) am must send the stevefire db related?:D...pfffffff...

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2008, 07:24:59 AM »
mmmm...so am send mine campaign database at steve at 2083 situation..one question for u Steve..ur Campaign (original_Preservation II) are very cool..for fix it from bug (above look) am must send the stevefire db related?:D...pfffffff...
I've received the database in a zip file (thanks) but I am having a problem extracting it. I get a popup box with the title "Blocked File Notification" and the text "Windows has blocked the file C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\wz4c6d\Stevefire.mdb from being extracted"

Anyone any idea why this might happen and how I get around it (or if I should)?

Steve

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2008, 08:45:42 AM »
hmm..do u have vista? ive windos xp.
GRRRRRRRRRRRR am waitn DAYS for play...this bug left me the pleasure to play..

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2008, 08:48:11 AM »
am think another question: if am send u the UR original "Preservation" database,,u can work on it? WHYNOT u cant work in ur database and put THEM on forum for download?????? u can setup bugs free UR database,,and WE download directly your...no?

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2008, 02:11:32 PM »
Steve good sunday,ive send u another rar,more big than last..are SAME dbs,but strange the rar program get this more big.
Am rest in waitn for news..
see ya and ty