Author Topic: 4.26 Bugs  (Read 16357 times)

Offline schroeam (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • s
  • "Let's try a new strategy, let the Wookiee win"
4.26 Bugs
« on: August 13, 2009, 09:31:18 PM »
Steve,
Just had one of my officers retire due to health reasons, previously assigned to "Member of 0".  As it turns out this particular officer was assigned to an espionage team that had been captured.  Evidently somehow they had made it back home without telling anyone.  This goes along with another previously reported bug about teams not being disbanded correctly and replacements not working out right for teams.  

Adam.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: 4.26 Bugs
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 03:23:13 PM »
It looks like the "racial wealth" number at the top of the population (F2) screen is not taking civie trade revenue into account.  In my campaign, it's consistently more negative than a comparison of income vs exenditures in the "wealth/trade" tab would indicate.

John

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 10:06:08 PM »
In the officer screen (F4) there is a "trade bonus" that can be filtered for in the secondary characteristics (I think this is left over from previous versions).  If you are unlucky enough to bring it up while spinning through filters, you get what appears to be a neverend set of "Error in FilterCommanders - Object variable or with block not set".

John

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 11:10:14 PM »
Aurora is not interrupting properly when an NPR transits into a system whose WP is under observation by active sensors.

I've had a picket watching the WP into an NPR home system, about 1M km off with active sensors with a range of about 12M km.  The NPR had already sent through an gate construction ship (based on size and behavior).  I just did a 140,000 second update (which resolves to 40 hours), and got a interrupt enumerating 3 new thermal contacts at t+8 hours.  When I went to look, the NPR had sent 3 ships through the WP, but they had already moved out of range of my actives - about 15M km.  Fortunately, I had just saved, so I reloaded the DB and ran the same update with 30 second timestep (yeah for the rewrite - it didn't take long at all).  This time it worked ok - they were detected at 6 hours, 31 minutes (note that they were already off the WP, but I'm willing to chalk that up to "activation lag" by bored picket sensor operators).

John

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 05:32:26 AM »
LOL,,arent a casual bug:D..but a classic random "Coffee Time" for crew on UR Empire's posture:)))

ive lost some good "System Defence Boat" on patrol duty around a same WP's situations..but mine r VERY VERY dumb pilots am fear:))))
"In case of fire..breack the glass" ive put onto pilot's cabin onboard Fighter..so THE STUPID "break" and go off my Billions cost Fighter:)

Offline rdgam

• Chief Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 04:26:39 PM »
The NPR seem to be fighting each other in a system I have no presence in.

Error in SelectNPRTarget
Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow

I have a saved copy of the database from this problem if that would help.

Offline rdgam

• Chief Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 04:28:53 PM »
I forgot to mention that the error comes up several times each 5 second cycle and is persisting for many cycles.

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 04:45:11 PM »
Quote from: "rdgam"
I forgot to mention that the error comes up several times each 5 second cycle and is persisting for many cycles.
Yes, please send me the DB

Steve

Offline alanwebber

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • a
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 02:46:14 AM »
Steve

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. When you rescue survivors from lifepods you are able to unload them at a suitable planet. However, after a few days, this option seems to disappear from the list of orders and the survivors are no longer present in the rescuing fleet. I seem to remember this happening before and this includes rescued commanders.

Alan
Regards

Alan Webber

Offline rdgam

• Chief Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 02:09:55 PM »
There is a problem with the way civilians and NPRs name ships.
When I get ships from conquering an NPR there can be duplicate names.
When I sell ships to the civilians (via the task group window), the civilians name all the ships in a fleet the same name.
Confirmed by checking the database tables directly.

By the way these ships are not in a shipping line and thus are not visible to the class design inventory.

Also I have learned the hard way, you can delete a design (with no ships) that is active in a shipyard.
This causes a bunch of errors until a good design is refitted.

Loving the new civilian markets  :D

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 11:44:45 AM »
It appears that trade is not being properly accounted for in the wealth run rate at the top of the Population (F2) screen.

At the end of a recent econ update, the top of my F2 screen said I had 65551 wealth, with a run rate of -122.  Over the next few days, the run rate gradually dropped; after 4 days (i.e. just before the next econ update, since I was using 1-day updates) it stood at 65604 wealth, and a run rate of -69.  Hitting a 1-day update (and going through the econ cycle) it was back to 65503 and -112.  The correct run rate would be -48.

It appears that what is going on is that the code to refresh the run rate during an econ update is just comparing the wealth of the start of the update to the wealth at the end - this is ignoring the trade that flowed in during the 5-day.

A related suggestion - I can't find a break-out of the contribution to the economy that my financial centers are making.  Are they included in population taxes?  It would be nice if they were broken out in the wealth tab so I could get a feel for how effective financial centers are decreasing my run rate.

John

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 09:44:24 AM »
I've started occasionally getting the following error during regular (not economic) updates:

Error in AddToShippingLineWealth

Error 3201 was generated by DAO.Recordset
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'ShippingLines'

When it pops up, I usually get the same error a few (~3-4) times at once.

John

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 01:04:09 PM »
Selecting normal strike group of fighters for a carrier.
You can only add a specific fighter type oncelimiting you to 1,5,10 or 100. Also if you pick too many for the available hanger space it is allowed but woth a negative space emaining

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009, 05:48:32 PM »
The civie transport companies seem to think that a comet mining colony (automated mines only) out by the orbit of Pluto is a valid trade location - about 2/3 of the civie fleet just went on a wild goose chase out there....

John

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 04:42:10 AM »
Steve while I had my 3 geosurvey ships out doing essentially automated surveys they kept triggering error 3102 record missing.  I had them set to survey planets and moons primary and asteroids as secondary.  This seemed to be related to them doing asteroid surveys.  It vanished when I switched orders around to next 5 system bodies.