Author Topic: Semi-Official 7.x Suggestion Thread  (Read 173995 times)

Offline Hydrofoil

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • H
Re: Semi-Official 7.x Suggestion Thread
« Reply #255 on: March 23, 2016, 05:11:47 AM »
Appologies if they do exist in the game and i just havnt gotten the right tech for it in all my games but... Id like to see Bio weapons added to the game

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #256 on: March 23, 2016, 05:50:57 AM »
Appologies if they do exist in the game and i just havnt gotten the right tech for it in all my games but... Id like to see Bio weapons added to the game

You could dump chlorine gas into their atmosphere :)

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #257 on: March 23, 2016, 09:28:44 AM »
You could dump chlorine gas into their atmosphere :)
Technically, that's a chemical weapon. 

I'm not in favor of bioweapons, for the simple reason that bioweapons are only really useful against planetary populations.  Based on real-world experience, they'll be much more effective against civilians than against military units, and Steve has a strong aversion to what he calls GFFP, Genocide For Fun and Profit.  Basically, it shouldn't be too easy to simply wipe out a planetary population and take their stuff, and I largely agree with him as a matter of gameplay.  Bioweapons are only good for GFFP.  Abuse of terraforming is probably as close as we're ever going to come to that, for the simple reason that it's really hard to get rid of and not that easy to do.
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #258 on: March 23, 2016, 09:56:35 AM »
Technically, that's a chemical weapon. 

Close enough.

intolerantape

« Reply #259 on: March 23, 2016, 09:06:11 PM »
Quote from: intolerantape link=topic=8107. msg87993#msg87993 date=1458075182
Add an option to coordinate the completion dates of all current construction projects to the 'Industry' tab of the 'Population and Production' window.   

The player specifies the desired date of completion and clicks the button.   Then the game attempts to distribute the colony's construction capacity between the current projects in order to complete them all on the specified date.   

If the projects cannot be completed by the specified date, then 100% of the construction capacity will be allocated to finish all of the current projects at the same time as quickly as possible. 

If the projects can be completed by the specified date, then only enough construction capacity will be allocated to finish all current projects by that date.   Any additional capacity is left unallocated. 

It might be simpler to specify the time to complete (in days or seconds or whatever) instead of the date of completion.   This way the functionality could be presented with a single text box and a button.

After playing the game a bit more, I'd like to change my suggestion to a simpler "complete in X days" function to supplement the "Create" and "Modify" buttons in the production screen.  The feature consists of 1) a text box to input the desired number of days til completion and 2) a button to execute the action.  When pressed, the game calculates the percentage of production needed to complete the project in the specified time frame and puts that amount into the "Percentage" field.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #260 on: March 25, 2016, 03:18:18 PM »
For storytelling aspects it would be nice to have a Datasheet of deceased personell where you can see all their history and data, rather than to have to open a saved database to extract these informations - because who can memorise all those hundreds of personal vitas, right  ;)

Once you have the information the entries can be manually deleted.

Offline rorror

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • r
« Reply #261 on: March 26, 2016, 08:57:23 AM »
A Simple Suggestion, or more like a Feature Request.

Make the following thing sort on Alphabet (when dubble clicking on a row)
Easyer to find your TG

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #262 on: March 28, 2016, 01:02:34 AM »
When designing components, could the company name field be a drop-down that you can add names to?  It would help me a lot with keeping consistent spelling/capitalization and also speed that up a bit.

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #263 on: March 28, 2016, 10:14:11 AM »
Per the recent discussion in the bugs thread, I'd like to suggest that we change the way ships work so that ships can only be added to the game after they've been locked.  Unlocked classes should not appear on the shipyard tooling/build lists, or on the fighter/PDC build lists, or in the Fast OOB window.  This closes several loopholes that players sometimes exploit accidentally, such as being able to build freighters with no engineering spaces.
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #264 on: March 29, 2016, 09:59:10 AM »
After a manual creation of a system and linking to other systems a randomize button which exchanged all the jump point targets in that one system would be nice. At least you yourself as space master would not know which jump point leads to which system.

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #265 on: April 02, 2016, 02:10:53 PM »
Is there a reason why jump capable ships can only be built up to 1.25mt? If it is not down to an actual program limitation could we have the numbers changed so that at the top end you could have ships of 4,6,or 8 times larger?

Offline filippe999

• Leading Rate
  • f
« Reply #266 on: April 02, 2016, 04:56:54 PM »
Would it be possible to add certain auto-turn stopping events to an "ignore" list? I'm tired of auto-turns stopping at every civilian ship scrapped/built or civilian mining colonies expanding or being founded.  I can see how they are useful to know for an experienced player but the only thing I was actually expecting was the end of my research or the orders finished from my task groups.

The following users thanked this post: TMaekler

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #267 on: April 03, 2016, 12:47:34 AM »
Espionage & Counter Espionage:

I think that it is way to easy to steal important information from other Nations. It is not so much the amount of information stolen, but what is stolen. Information about a Ship design or Gravitational Data are ok. But having finished a 50.000 RP project and see it three month later be stolen by another Nation is kind of frustrating. I suggest the following system. Adding a "Researched at Timeindex" to any researched project, scientific grav or geological data or ship designs. So when the game roles a successfull espionage the odds of selecting which technology will be stolen can be separated into different categories:

a) State Secrets: All actual researched projects which are not older than 5 years (10% Chance)
b) Modern Information: All researched data which is between 5 and 10 years (30% Chance
c) Standard Information: All research data which is older than 10 years (60% Chance)

Through this older data will be picked more often as newly researched or found information.

Offline Noble713

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • N
« Reply #268 on: April 03, 2016, 07:57:13 AM »
I'm invading an NPR homeworld now, and I noticed there's no easy way to keep track of the enemy's ground OOB. The Event log tells you the names of enemy battalions that suffer casualties, but unless you keep a running tally in your head, you don't have even a semi-clear picture of how many and what type of units you are fighting.

So I'd like to have something like the Tactical Intelligence tab (which lists knowledge of enemy ship classes), but for ground units.

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #269 on: April 04, 2016, 06:50:26 AM »
So we all hate it when that great scientists has an earth attack, or when we loose experienced officers through health issue. It'd be nice to have a line of Biology research that boost life expectancy. It would fluff out biology a bit too.

The following users thanked this post: Herodotus4