Author Topic: Depositing Fuel  (Read 1315 times)

Offline PTTG (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Depositing Fuel
« on: December 18, 2011, 03:00:09 PM »
I have a few million liters of fuel I want to transfer to earth. How can I use a ship to move fuel like that? I don't see any order to dump or deposit fuel. Similarly, is there a way to have a ship be built with empty fuel tanks? In all cases, I mean fuel as in "fuel", not sorium.

Thanks.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Depositing Fuel
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 03:06:51 PM »
I have a few million liters of fuel I want to transfer to earth. How can I use a ship to move fuel like that? I don't see any order to dump or deposit fuel. Similarly, is there a way to have a ship be built with empty fuel tanks? In all cases, I mean fuel as in "fuel", not sorium.

Thanks.

Make sure the class window for your tanker has the tanker flag checked. A fleet with a tanker will show additional order options, including "Unload 90% Fuel to Colony". You can just issue this order twice if you want to unload 99% of fuel. Also, any class flagged as a tanker will be built with only 10% of the full fuel load transferred to its tanks from the colony.

The other option is to uncheck the 'Order Filtering On' checkbox on the F12 Task Groups window so you can see every order type for every fleet, regardless of whether the fleet is capable of carrying out the order.

Steve

Offline PTTG (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: Depositing Fuel
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 03:19:33 PM »
Thanks!