Author Topic: C# Aurora v0.x Questions  (Read 183875 times)

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: C# Aurora v0.x Questions
« Reply #840 on: April 13, 2020, 04:49:02 AM »
No I checked that and speed was set to the maximum. I do not know what caused it. But the game wa killed by the white screen bug. So I made a clear install and it is working now.
What movement and standing orders do you have them set to?

I was using Survey Next Five System Bodies commad. Now in the new game this command is still not working for me, but I can give manual command and ship will do it without a problem.

Edit: Ok I am absolutely confused, I switched to Survey Nearest Asteroid and Survey Nearest Moon for secondary standing order and after few days my ships started to survey the asteroid belt. Now they all working correctly even with Survey Next Five System Bodies command.

"Survey Next Five System Bodies"  has been buggy for others, so I expect that's it.  Also, that order is supposed to fail with a message if the "next" body is too far away (to prevent racing off after distant binaries).  How close was the closest unsurveyed planet, and how close was the closest unsurveyed moon?

It was in Sol, so distance should not be a problem. I only surveyed Luna and Mars with manual command.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #841 on: April 13, 2020, 06:38:45 AM »
How does the Colony:Industry button "SM Add" work?  Does the "SM Add" button work?  I can't get it to do anything.

Offline Doren

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #842 on: April 13, 2020, 06:49:29 AM »
I was using Survey Next Five System Bodies commad. Now in the new game this command is still not working for me, but I can give manual command and ship will do it without a problem.

Edit: Ok I am absolutely confused, I switched to Survey Nearest Asteroid and Survey Nearest Moon for secondary standing order and after few days my ships started to survey the asteroid belt. Now they all working correctly even with Survey Next Five System Bodies command.
The survey standing orders seem to need a manual survey order to be given before the ships start to act upon them. This goes for both Geo and Grav.

Haven't tested if some other orders also allows ships to start surveying. Movement orders at least didn't seem to trigger the surveying

Offline Doren

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #843 on: April 13, 2020, 09:12:56 AM »
Weren't size 1 passive sensors supposed to not be commercial anymore due to detection calculation change? Or am I remembering wrong?

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #844 on: April 13, 2020, 09:14:38 AM »
I can't find any posts about the differences between the "Spaceport" and the "Cargo Shuttle Station". Is there any?

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #845 on: April 13, 2020, 09:15:19 AM »
Weren't size 1 passive sensors supposed to not be commercial anymore due to detection calculation change? Or am I remembering wrong?
Steve removed the size-1 passive sensors from all ships. But they are still commercial.

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #846 on: April 13, 2020, 09:18:39 AM »
I can't find any posts about the differences between the "Spaceport" and the "Cargo Shuttle Station". Is there any?

According to the wiki, a spaceport fulfills the same functions as a cargo shuttle and much more. An all-inclusive suite of logistics: http://aurorawiki.pentarch.org/index.php?title=C-Installations#Spaceport
Looking at it, I'm not sure why anyone would want to build anything else, other than cost.
EDIT: Also, it is required to build space stations. I suppose you can save resources by building cargo shuttle stations or refuelling stations, if you know that the colony will have that specific purpose indefinitely, but otherwise spaceports do it all.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 09:26:44 AM by smoelf »

The following users thanked this post: Doren, TMaekler

Offline smoelf

• Commander
« Reply #847 on: April 13, 2020, 09:33:29 AM »
Is there a way to see how many tons of ships are currently being maintained at a colony? I can see how much the capacity in the main window, but with the new system, it requires a bit more math to keep track of how close you are to the limit, unless there is an easy overview.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #848 on: April 13, 2020, 09:42:17 AM »
Is there a way to see how many tons of ships are currently being maintained at a colony? I can see how much the capacity in the main window, but with the new system, it requires a bit more math to keep track of how close you are to the limit, unless there is an easy overview.

...same window, the number under it  ;)
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

The following users thanked this post: smoelf

Offline smoelf

• Commander
« Reply #849 on: April 13, 2020, 09:55:55 AM »

...same window, the number under it  ;)

Ahh, that makes sense. The number didn't show up in my game because I hadn't built any military ships yet, but once I had build one it did show :)

The following users thanked this post: Doren

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #850 on: April 13, 2020, 10:05:44 AM »
Steve removed the size-1 passive sensors from all ships. But they are still commercial.

Steve removed the free, STRENGTH-1 passive thermal & EM sensors from all ships.  But yes, SIZE-1 or smaller sensors (regardless of strength) are supposed to be civilian systems.

The following users thanked this post: Doren

Offline Doren

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #851 on: April 13, 2020, 10:07:19 AM »
Ahh, that makes sense. The number didn't show up in my game because I hadn't built any military ships yet, but once I had build one it did show :)

I imagine this has been the reason why I also missed this one

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #852 on: April 13, 2020, 10:19:51 AM »
Is there any way to decrease planet temperature?

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #853 on: April 13, 2020, 10:28:11 AM »
Is there any way to decrease planet temperature?

Terraforming.  Add Frigisium.

Offline JFCG222

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • J
« Reply #854 on: April 13, 2020, 11:00:02 AM »
Great game, lightning fast and no game-breaking issues so far.  Very playable.  Some questions though:

1.  Will the function to subsidize the civilian economy be added in the future? If not, how do I encourage development of civilian shipping and mining like in VB6 Aurora? The way it works now seems way too slow.

2.  Is there a way to increase the number of days that events are tracked in the event log? It's much harder to use 30-day increments because the event log gets wiped, so I lose track of stuff happening.