Author Topic: C# Aurora v0.x Questions  (Read 185538 times)

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
Re: C# Aurora v0.x Questions
« Reply #855 on: April 13, 2020, 11:09:20 AM »
Great game, lightning fast and no game-breaking issues so far.  Very playable.  Some questions though:

1.  Will the function to subsidize the civilian economy be added in the future? If not, how do I encourage development of civilian shipping and mining like in VB6 Aurora? The way it works now seems way too slow.

2.  Is there a way to increase the number of days that events are tracked in the event log? It's much harder to use 30-day increments because the event log gets wiped, so I lose track of stuff happening.

1. If I remember correctly from previews, the civilians don't really get going until you have multiple systems. So if you're still just in Sol that might be why
2. You can change the number of days shown in the event log, but it doesn't remember that setting atm if you close it. Should be fixed next release
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

The following users thanked this post: JFCG222

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #856 on: April 13, 2020, 11:13:11 AM »
Is there any way to decrease planet temperature?

Terraforming.  Add Frigisium.

What do you add to increase temp? Do you know if the different gases matter too much? I generally just use the water vapor, oxygen, and nitrogen.

Offline JFCG222

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • J
« Reply #857 on: April 13, 2020, 11:16:33 AM »
Quote from: DFNewb link=topic=10097. msg121782#msg121782 date=1586794391
Quote from: Father Tim link=topic=10097. msg121750#msg121750 date=1586791691
Quote from: DFNewb link=topic=10097. msg121741#msg121741 date=1586791191
Is there any way to decrease planet temperature?

Terraforming.   Add Frigisium.

What do you add to increase temp? Do you know if the different gases matter too much? I generally just use the water vapor, oxygen, and nitrogen.

Aestusium raises temperature. 

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #858 on: April 13, 2020, 12:16:53 PM »
Great game, lightning fast and no game-breaking issues so far.  Very playable.  Some questions though:

1.  Will the function to subsidize the civilian economy be added in the future? If not, how do I encourage development of civilian shipping and mining like in VB6 Aurora? The way it works now seems way too slow.

2.  Is there a way to increase the number of days that events are tracked in the event log? It's much harder to use 30-day increments because the event log gets wiped, so I lose track of stuff happening.

1.  No.  You encourage commerical shipping by having many ten-million-plus and twenty-five-million plus populations in multiple systems (with stabilized wormholes between them).  The way it worked before was way too fast, which is why it has been slowed down and made less profitable.

2.  As mentioned above, click on the "30" and type your own number.  I like 33.

The following users thanked this post: JFCG222

Offline NuclearStudent

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • N
« Reply #859 on: April 13, 2020, 02:52:42 PM »
When you start with an NPR, what determines the level of tech they start with?

Offline Kashada

• Petty Officer
  • K
« Reply #860 on: April 13, 2020, 03:28:55 PM »
Hi guys, i'm trying to figure out how to get a ship to unload a certain amount of fuel to a colony or load a fixed amount.  I wanted to set up a small tanker running between my harvesters and earth however the old unload to 10% option doesn't appear to be there for tankers.

is my only option to tell it to unload to colony then click hourly ticks checking after each till its around 10% then cancelling the order?

hope your all having fun :)

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #861 on: April 13, 2020, 05:42:50 PM »
When you start with an NPR, what determines the level of tech they start with?

Random roll multiplied by the total cost of all non-racial research known by the player's empire multiplied by racial traits.

With the caveat that non-TN NPRs will never progress to TN tech, as that hasn't been coded yet.

The following users thanked this post: NuclearStudent

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #862 on: April 13, 2020, 05:45:24 PM »
Hi guys, i'm trying to figure out how to get a ship to unload a certain amount of fuel to a colony or load a fixed amount.  I wanted to set up a small tanker running between my harvesters and earth however the old unload to 10% option doesn't appear to be there for tankers.

is my only option to tell it to unload to colony then click hourly ticks checking after each till its around 10% then cancelling the order?

Double check that you ticked the box to mark the design as a Tanker.  If so, it should have the "Unload 90% Fuel at Colony" order.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #863 on: April 13, 2020, 06:27:12 PM »
Just to make sure, in ground forces OOB, does light blue indicate that the formation is being supported by artillery or that it is supporting another formation?

I have an infantry battalion with a single mortar company as its subordinate. The infantry battalion is in the front line defense field has no bombardment units of any kind but the mortar company does (obv). The mortar company has no subordinate formations of its own and is in the support field.

When I drag the mortar company on top of its superior I get nothing (its already assigned to the battalion) but when I drag the superior formation on top of its child mortar company, the battalion becomes light blue and the mortar company orange.

Am i doing this right? Will the mortar company support the battalion or have I done it the other way around, and if I have done it wrong how would I do it right?

Offline Ektor

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #864 on: April 13, 2020, 06:30:47 PM »
I think support only goes downwards in the OOB. You need to be the same level or above to support.

The following users thanked this post: Droll

Offline Kashada

• Petty Officer
  • K
« Reply #865 on: April 14, 2020, 03:28:37 AM »
Quote from: Father Tim link=topic=10097. msg122087#msg122087 date=1586817924
Quote from: Kashada link=topic=10097. msg121994#msg121994 date=1586809735
Hi guys, i'm trying to figure out how to get a ship to unload a certain amount of fuel to a colony or load a fixed amount.   I wanted to set up a small tanker running between my harvesters and earth however the old unload to 10% option doesn't appear to be there for tankers. 

Double check that you ticked the box to mark the design as a Tanker.   If so, it should have the "Unload 90% Fuel at Colony" order.

Yeah I doubled checked its not there, I made a new tanker class which also doesn't show it.  Thanks for clearing up that it should be there I'll install the new patch and see if it works but if not I know to report it as a bug now.

Offline Doren

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #866 on: April 14, 2020, 04:58:41 AM »
How do Bombardment units behave in Frontline? Do they follow the Support/Rear bombardment rules or are they using normal Frontline combat rules?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #867 on: April 14, 2020, 09:35:13 AM »
How do Bombardment units behave in Frontline? Do they follow the Support/Rear bombardment rules or are they using normal Frontline combat rules?

I think they behave the same, just remember that Light bombardment weapons will fire in the normal combat round.

Offline Doren

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #868 on: April 14, 2020, 12:13:44 PM »
How are Fleet organization rank requirements calculated? I noticed that my fleet rank requirement keeps going up and I tried to promote couple persons to be able to fill the roles but then the rank requirement for the fleet organization just kept going up

Offline Energyz

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #869 on: April 14, 2020, 12:20:36 PM »
How are Fleet organization rank requirements calculated? I noticed that my fleet rank requirement keeps going up and I tried to promote couple persons to be able to fill the roles but then the rank requirement for the fleet organization just kept going up

I'm not 100% sure, but if one of your ship has a R4 officer, then it's admin must but at least R3. If you have an Admin Command with a R5, then it's parent must have a R4 at least, etc...