Author Topic: Question on Ground Unit Armor  (Read 1059 times)

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Question on Ground Unit Armor
« on: April 17, 2020, 05:10:04 PM »
Can I add more armor to a ground unit? Like, not "Light, Medium, or Heavy" I already know about those, but rather adding more armor independently of the armor selection. Like one would add layers of armor to a ship, can we add armor rating to GUs?

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
Re: Question on Ground Unit Armor
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 05:29:36 PM »
Can I add more armor to a ground unit? Like, not "Light, Medium, or Heavy" I already know about those, but rather adding more armor independently of the armor selection. Like one would add layers of armor to a ship, can we add armor rating to GUs?

No... you select an armour rating/type which then are modified with your armour technology.

Offline Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 05:33:45 PM »
Also worth noting, armour tech is based on your highest defensive tech tree - I think just armour and shield types, but others might work. (Likewise, GU weapons are based on space weapon techs, so you can get a better multiplier when you unlock a new laser calibre or missile damage multiplier).

The way you increase defensibility on your ground units is to build heavier, and build more of them. It's not represented in as much detail as ships.

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 07:10:42 PM »
Also worth noting, armour tech is based on your highest defensive tech tree - I think just armour and shield types, but others might work.

From what I remember of the changes post, only armour tech affects armour for ground units, shields don't play a part.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 10:58:26 PM »
Why remember when you can look it up via the Table of Contents:  http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10666.0 ?