Author Topic: Jump Drive Efficiency - can't seem to find it so can't research engines  (Read 1412 times)

Offline mikew (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
I've come back to Aurora with version 5.2 after a fairly long break, and I'm starting a new campaign.  I'm a couple years in and decided I need to start exploring the universe.  The problem is, I can't seem to build a jump drive.

I've researched jump point theory, and squadron size 3, and jump radius 50k.  I don't seem to have jump drive efficiency available as a research project however.  Selecting all projects, I note that jump drive efficiency 3 is the first of these techs available (and it is missing a few, such as 7).  Is there a problem with the database, or am I forgetting a required technology?

I'm wondering if there was a problem with the database, as I've noted a few other oddities - my ship types, in addition to the normal cruisers, etc., include a "Mal'yy Razvedyatel'niye Krabl" among other ship types which appear to be either giberish or perhaps in Russian...

Mike

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
I think something similar has been reported before. To solve it, whoever it was, deleted all research projects and voila, the missing project appeared.
It seems, sometimes a poject gets stuck as queued but will not show up as queued, making it impossible to un-queue it. Deleting all projects will also delete all queued projects.

Not sure this will help but worth a try.

Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
I'm wondering if there was a problem with the database, as I've noted a few other oddities - my ship types, in addition to the normal cruisers, etc., include a "Mal'yy Razvedyatel'niye Krabl" among other ship types which appear to be either giberish or perhaps in Russian...

Mike

That would be a relic of one of Steve's games.

I personally would like to see ship types tied to games rather than global. Or an easy way to delete them.

Offline mikew (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
Yep, that did it.  I added it as a queued project by pulling up the all projects list.  Deleting it and the current projects made it show up as available and I was able to add it normally.  Still not sure why it didn't show up initially, or what is up with the class types, but at least I now have a jump drive.

Mike

Offline jseah

• Captain
  • j
Specifically, that problem happened to me.  I did solve it by canceling all the projects but it happened again soon after.  

The second time, I noted something very interesting.  

All my researchers never have queues except the one who does my mini-projects (missile/weapon/turret design).  At one time, I needed to reshuffle that researcher's list.  
I proceeded to cancel that project, and all the researcher's queued projects vanished as well.  

Immediately after that, I encountered the problem of the missing project.  Because the missing one was the one I wanted the researcher to do.  

The problem was solved by canceling the projects for the researchers above and below where the researcher who had a queue and got canceled.  
Eg.
Mark  1/5  Jump Drive Efficiency 6
Jane  15/15  Size 1 Lancelot Missile
Thomas 1/10  Construction Rate 20BP

Jane has a queue for say C5 quad UV laser turret.  

If you delete Jane's current project, another project somewhere will go into Mark or Thomas's queue without appearing in the queue box.  Deleting their projects will make the vanished project appear again.  (the bug doesn't seem to happen for 'ghost' projects)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 05:04:58 PM by jseah »