Author Topic: Rules  (Read 2171 times)

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
Rules
« on: October 08, 2011, 06:49:58 PM »
A place to put house rules.

House Rule 1
Choose you commanders and administrators carefully, or if you want automatic assignments for roleplaying reasons make sure you know that your happy with what is assigned. I will be using personal traits where there is no current orders. I will also use personal traits in combat situations that may go against your wishes.

Example. Say the personal trait of the fleet commander is a coward, and the battle is not going well he may flee and run. He would not go into a fight where he would know he would lose. They will follow fleet doctrine to the point where there gut instinct will override.

Another Example. Say for instance there have been no orders for the Born Leader in a survey craft, he may decide that he is low on fuel and will return to Earth, rather then wait out in the boons.

I plan to use personal traits as intelligently as possible, as if I was that person with those traits what would I do. Good Doctrine and orders will stifle these traits, but that may also go against you as well its up to you how you see it. Especially if the universe is reactive.

House Rule 2
Espionage will not be handled by Aurora. It will be held in a RPG style system, which means you may come up with the idea on what type of espionage you would like to see take place, the more specific the more chance of success. Whether is it information you you desire, military intelligence or something that you have come up with in your own schemes. I will give you information how the team progress for that piece of information, sometimes it can take several years before you team can be ready for GO! Go is the time to find out if there is success or failure.
Example of something other then stats or traits I will naturally take onboard. Who is in the spy team are they scientist who skill a more centred around technology espionage, are they military where a snatch and grab is more in line, or are they administrators, sly and sneaky and persuasive in the arts of bribes and blackmail. You should take note of your team and how you want them to accomplish something.

Also each of the styles have a traceable factor who did the espionage, and counter espionage will try to track it back even after the event. Although after 6 months leads are normally dead cold. You can see espionage will be a more interesting factor, and some of you may not know you even been stung.

Note: The team member must still have an element of espionage ability, this means they have done some training in this field. Team members without training cannot join the team.

House Rule 3
Gravitation Survey, Jump Drive or similar technology will not be able to be research until such a date it is discovered outside the aurora game. I have a few thoughts about this. Intergalactic technology will come later into the game.

House Rule 4
General research can be swapped, but component research cannot, the reason is the component research is the tooling period in making the device, you either need to research the same plan, or the member state with the component already research needs to manufacture it for you and sent it to you.

House Rule 5
Aurora gives research that it considers obsolete and passes to countries already on the same planet. All weapon tech research will be deleted, this includes Defensive, Energy, Kinetics and Active and IM Sensor and Tracking technology. Ground Forces technology will also be removed.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 11:12:21 PM by ardem »

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
Re: Rules
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 05:44:41 AM »
Bayonet strength Battalion sizes (ignore support)

When on operations and out of Aurora RPing these the number I am using and what I think the equipment is.

Garrison Battalion - 800 men, very little body armour think todays soldier.
Mobile Infantry - 500 men, which include light armoured vehicles think today styker battalions but upgraded in terms of fire power and armour
Assault Battalion - 500 men, Powered Armour men and light armoured vehicles(think warhammer 40K)
Marine Battalion - 800 men Powered armour and medium armoured vehicles
Heavy Battalion - 100-400 men, dependant on your style, heavy armoured tanks, or mechs.