Author Topic: Neutral aliens sitting in Earth orbit - Time increments  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Rastaman (OP)

• Azhanti High Lightning
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
Neutral aliens sitting in Earth orbit - Time increments
« on: March 21, 2011, 06:39:49 PM »
I have just started to explore other systems, my navy is supposed to roll off the lines next year.  Neutral aliens have parked a whole fleet in Earth orbit, pinging away with their active sensors.  I guess that due to the sensors, time increments have slowed to 60 seconds with no reprieve in sight.  Is my game hosed?
Fun Fact: The minimum engine power of any ship engine in Aurora C# is 0.01. The maximum is 120000!

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
Re: Neutral aliens sitting in Earth orbit - Time increments
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 07:11:27 PM »
They're communicating with you!!!

You could always use SM mode to edit them out if its really driving you crazy, its not REALLY cheating since they aren't bombing you to the stone age.

<link fixed>
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 10:12:05 PM by Thiosk »

Offline Rastaman (OP)

• Azhanti High Lightning
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 08:29:06 PM »
I know, but with 60 secs establishing communication takes a trillion years real time.   
Fun Fact: The minimum engine power of any ship engine in Aurora C# is 0.01. The maximum is 120000!

Offline Narmio

• Lieutenant
  • N
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 10:14:03 PM »
There are 1,440 60-second increments in a day.  My suggestion would be back up your database by copying stevefire.mdb somewhere safe (in case something horrible happens), then enter 1440 into the Min Inc box above the Auto Turns box on the system view, then click Auto Turns and leave it going overnight!

The aliens shouldn't really stay there pinging you for ages.  They should really either blow you up or leave.  If they haven't moved after you've run the game for a day, they're probably bugged out.  Post in the bugs thread and keep that DB backup in case you need to email it to Steve.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 06:33:08 AM »
I have just started to explore other systems, my navy is supposed to roll off the lines next year.  Neutral aliens have parked a whole fleet in Earth orbit, pinging away with their active sensors.  I guess that due to the sensors, time increments have slowed to 60 seconds with no reprieve in sight.  Is my game hosed?

Not sure why the game has slowed down in this situation. You could send me the Stevefire.mdb file so I can find out. My email is stevewalmsley at btinterent.com

Steve

Offline voknaar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 09:54:34 PM »
It could be coincidence? Some other battle could be going on. If not i feel sorry for earth :(