Author Topic: Fantasy Campaigns  (Read 2342 times)

Offline TrueZuluwiz (OP)

• Zulu
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
Fantasy Campaigns
« on: March 11, 2007, 12:21:13 PM »
This thread is for describing campaigns that likely will not be played, or playable. Describe a system you'd like to see, even if the rules won't allow it. Set up the sort of fight that you'd be proud to be involved in.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by TrueZuluwiz »
Expecting the Spanish Inquisition

Offline TrueZuluwiz (OP)

• Zulu
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 12:28:47 PM »
Let's imagine a distant binary system in which both stars are equal in mass, therefore both stars have warp points (or jump points, your choice). Both stars have an inhabitable planet, each with a star-faring race. The halves of the system are roughly equal in usable resources. The number of WPs is equal, and the races are about at the same point in their technologies. Oh, and they hate each other. The two sets of warp lines outside the system do not converge anywhere but in the home system. The two stars are fairly far apart most of the time, but they come within one light week of each other about every 100 Earth years. Get ready, get set, go!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by TrueZuluwiz »
Expecting the Spanish Inquisition

Offline procyon

• Captain
  • p
Re: Fantasy Campaigns
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 04:51:44 AM »
Not a campaign, but a location of note in one of mine.  A binary with a third component at a fair but navigable distance (< 1 month). The binary is a CLOSE binary of twin blue giants.  Between is a thin, barely navigable strip.  Within this strip are a pair of warp/jump points leading to rival empires.  A bottleneck with death on both sides where tractors are as viable a weapon as any - dragging hapless ships into a maelstrom.  Did I mention the third component was a particularly valuable system.
(It has become my campaigns version of ironbottom sound.)
We wont go into the binary's rapid rotation causing a regular shift in which empire has it's jump point's end closest.
... and I will show you fear in a handful of dust ...