Author Topic: Transfer between Nations?  (Read 1265 times)

Offline TMaekler (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Transfer between Nations?
« on: September 12, 2016, 10:29:49 AM »
It is possible to transfer pretty much anything between two colonies - if they are owned by the same nation. What I am searching for is a way to transfer between two colonies which are owned by different nations. Is there any way to archive this in Aurora?

Background: Setting up for example two lanes of transports: One from A to B transporting Uranium, One from B to A transporting Neutronium. Some kind of trade agreement so to speak.
Another example: Nation A wants to attack Nation B but not directly. So they found a third "Nation" i.e. Pirates which they deliver with goods every month. The Pirates then attack Nation B, them not knowing that it is A who is funding them... .
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 10:32:26 AM by TMaekler »

Offline TCD

• Lt. Commander
  • T
Re: Transfer between Nations?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 01:09:18 PM »
In SM mode you can manually adjust mineral levels and number of installations for colonies, so you can effectively do an instantaneous transfer of most things between different empires by adding to one and removing from the other. I'm not sure you can try and do this without SM mode though.

Offline TMaekler (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 03:31:32 PM »
Sure in SM you can do it, but I wanted to do it "real" in the game so (for the Pirate case) people can be caught doing this :)

Offline lennson

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • l
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 11:17:07 PM »
I suppose you could add a 3rd nation, e.g. pirates as you seem to suggest, and then give them 0 population colonies on the planets that you want to transport between and a ship(s) to do it. The main limitation is that you would need to periodically use SM to transfer minerals to/from the other nations' colonies to the pirates'. Whether this would be practical would depend on how large mineral stockpiles you are dealing with since this would determine how often you would need to use SM to shift the minerals between the pirate 'colonies' (more like supply dumps) and the other nations' colonies on the same planet.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 03:11:18 PM »
There is no easy in-game option of doing it. I would recommend using freighters to dump minerals on their colony on the target body and then periodically use SM to transfer them over to the other faction/race/nation.

Offline TMaekler (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 12:25:57 PM »
Looks like a suggestion for C#... ;-)

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 07:11:41 AM »
I would imagine the easiest way of doing this is to simply setup a new colony on a planet where the other nation already has a reasonable sized colony. Then use this as nothing else but a "smuggling" port, you fly in minerals to this colony but have zero population, infrastructure or buildings other than perhaps a single mass driver. At set intervals you simply gift the entire colony to the other nation and let them sort out the actual logistics of moving minerals to where they want them. Set up a new colony again at the planet and begin the entire process over again.

If you already have good relations with the nation and ensure you only fly in freighters then you should not really suffer any major loss in DR this way, and you get to keep things semi realistic by allowing the NPR to decide how best to distribute the minerals. The one downside to this is that the NPR could either A: End up with a large amount of colonies on a single planet and try to develop them all at once thereby crippling it's economy and industry. or B: Simply see the extra colonies as useless and scrap them before offloading the mineral stores.