Author Topic: Official v5.42 Bugs Thread  (Read 67700 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Official v5.42 Bugs Thread
« on: March 14, 2011, 12:27:14 PM »
Please post confirmed bugs for v5.42 in this thread. However, please read the guidelines below on reporting bugs before posting.

Bug Reporting Guidelines

Steve
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 02:53:53 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
Re: Official v5.42 Bugs Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 11:29:07 AM »
Steve,

Wanted to check the cargo in a vessel cargo hold from Fleet Orders Screen and got an

Error in CalculateTotal MoveTime
Error 6 generated by Aurora

DavidR

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 11:41:59 PM »
Steve,

Wanted to check the cargo in a vessel cargo hold from Fleet Orders Screen and got an

Error in CalculateTotal MoveTime
Error 6 generated by Aurora

DavidR

Check your TG speed - it's probably 1.  This error message usually shows up due to an arithmetic overflow when Aurora is trying to calculate the time it will take to execute at TG's orders, i.e. pilot error.

John

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 05:05:14 AM »
Steve,

Although it is a minor point , there seems to be a discrepancy between the ETA information shown on the System Map (F3) , the Task Group Screen (F12) and the Task Force Organisation Screen (CTL+F4).

The ETA shown is identical on the F3 and F12 screens but different on the CTL+F4 screen. Should these screens all show the same ETA or is the ETA on the Task Force Organisation Screen based on different parameters ?

E.G.  On the System Map and the Task Group Screen an ETA for a TG is shown as 109.22.25 but on the Task Force Organisation Screen the ETA is shown as 10.23.50. All other Task Groups also have different ETA information on this screen compared to the F3 and F12 screens.

DavidR

John  - Thank you for your reply - I think the TG got confused with the large amount of orders given. I deleted all the orders and re-inputted and the error disappeared.

Offline viperfan7

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • v
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 05:19:03 AM »
Error in SetClassObsolete

Error 3021 generated by DAO.  Recordset
no current record

Error in CreateDesign

Error 3201 gened by DAO.  Recordset
cannot add/change a recod because a related record is required in "TechSystem"

got spammed by this, first one 5 times, second one 5-7 times, happened when I incremented by 30 days, 3 ships had just finished their overhaul, after this it turned out Terraforming Rate 0. 0025 had finished it looks like

Offline alanwebber

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • a
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 08:34:14 AM »
Hi Steve

We still seem to have the obliteration of shipping lines once trade access is given by an NPR i.e. they grant trade access, the civilian fleets pile off with trade goods, they revoke the trade status and blow the lot to kingdom come.

If this is deliberate then please could you explain the methodology as this has happened in my last six games. I suspect, however, it is a bug related to sensor interactions.

Regards

Alan
Regards

Alan Webber

Offline voknaar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 09:54:37 AM »
I'm detecting missile explosions in a system which i have no presence in, but have explored. Its a NPR or Precursor vs Invader because its all unfolding around a stable wormhole with wrecks abound. I don't think i should have regularly updated info on detonations if I'm not in system. If its not a bug then I'll make it a suggestion.

Edit: Found the potential cause. I have a empty colony on one of the planets from before i discovered Alien presences. This could be allowing me to gather intel on system events.

Oh and a new error i've not seen before:

Error in CheckAlienShip

error 3077 recorded by DAO.Recordset
Syntax error (missing operator) in expression
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 11:28:41 AM by voknaar »

Offline Ziusudra

• Lt. Commander
  • Z
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 01:17:36 PM »
On the Galactic Map the "Show Uncolonised Col Cost 2 or less" survey display option only includes those less than 2.

Offline alexwallis

• Leading Rate
  • a
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 01:57:00 PM »
Hi.
I am a newbie when it comes to this game, though it really seems like it will be interesting.
I got the following error after starting my game.
To be honest I was just experimenting, as I don't really have a clue what to do to start after setting up my game.  I was in the main window after starting the game by pressing select,
I pressed f9
and got the following
Error in cboControlRace
Error 76 was generated by Aurora
Path not found: 'Planetjpeg\ha3. jpg'
Please report to hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/viewforum. php?f=11
when I hit OK, I kept going round in a loop getting the same error til eventually the program crashed and exited.
The address given in the error to report the problem to doesn't work either, it says not found when you put it into a web browser.

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 02:07:52 PM »
Alex.

In the Planetjpeg folder I think you will find another folder which contains all pictures of the planets/moons in the Sol system. If you copy or move these into the main Planetjpeg folder then the programme should be able to find the pictures required. My ha3 pic is now in the main Planetjpeg folder as I have moved all the files out of the embedded folder into the main Planetjpeg folder.

DavidR

Offline Ziusudra

• Lt. Commander
  • Z
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 02:28:42 PM »
@alexwallis  I had that same problem when I didn't uncompress the AuroraUpdate491. zip after running the installer and before installing the latest update.

Offline alexwallis

• Leading Rate
  • a
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 02:37:55 PM »
Hi.
I don't seem to have a folder called Planetjpeg in the main aurora folder under program files.
In fact, this folder only contains 13 files.

Did I mess the install up? To be honest installation and updating sounds a bit messy.

To install, I used the setup file contained in
AuroraInstall491. zip
after that, I then installed the updates contained in
Aurora540. zip and Aurora542. zip
into the program files folder for aurora overwriting the files as requested.
was that the correct way to install the game? I guess maybe I haven't done it right and maybe have files missing.

Offline alexwallis

• Leading Rate
  • a
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 02:45:08 PM »
Hi.
I did uncompress the zip file before running the setup file.  I never run programs from within zip files for that very reason.
I uncompressed and then ran the setup file.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I am on windows 7 64 bit.
Before getting this error with some of the pictures not being found, I had to spend about an hour today chasing round the net for a vb6 dll that my computer didn't have, and then when I finally tracked it down I get this picture error.

During installation, I was also getting a lot of version conflict messages, I guess because the game is based on fairly out of date technology.  I said yes to keeping all my files during install, there were quite a lot of them.

Offline alexwallis

• Leading Rate
  • a
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 03:11:07 PM »
Hi.
Oh my mistake, I didn't read the last reply properly, I thought you meant you ran the setup file from within the zipped archive.
I just had a look, and saw the zip file in the unzipped folder with the setup file.
I got it unzipped and everything in the right place, and now the error seems to have gone away.
But really, I think the hole process for installing aurora and updating it is really messy and not very intuitive. 
I mean that's weird, having a setup file, and not bundling all the images and stuff the game needs to install into that setup file.
Surely, its time to make a new all in one installer, with everything included in it so that newbies like me don't make this mistake.  and don't have to install loads of old versions and move lots of files around etc.
Well at least I have got that issue solved.
Now I am going to have fun figuring out exactly what I need to do to get started.

Offline Elouda

• Gold Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 03:06:08 PM »
Missile active sensors are still using the old formula for range and resolution (directly proportional as opposed to proportional to the square root of).