Author Topic: v1.9.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 18344 times)

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
Re: v1.9.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2020, 03:03:53 PM »
V1.9.0: I created a cycle order to transfer DSTS to a colony. At some point I wanted to stop the order and deleted the reload on earth command but forgot to remove the cycle checkbox. The fleet then kept on unloading nothing to the destiny, fly back to earth to refuel, and so on... . I got no warning that the ship was unloading nothing.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #151 on: April 29, 2020, 03:17:28 PM »
I'm not certain if this is a bug or WAI, so I'm gonna post it anyway.
A change has happened between 1. 8 and 1. 9.  When in SM-mode you used to be able to place an alien ruin on a planet, see what it was and then reroll it if it wasn't to you liking by pressing the button again, whereby it removed the ruins and then a third time, so that new ruins appeared.  When the random ruin button is pressed again in 1. 9 a popup comes up telling you that there already is a ruin on this body.  So it essentially removed the ability to reroll the type of ruin which you place on a planet.

The "bug" is easily reproducable.

Thanks again for all the work.

Manual ruin creation seemed to be causing bugs and I was concerned it was due to the create - delete - create scenario so I removed the delete.

I've since found the bug and it wasn't related to that. I've re-instated the delete for the next version.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #152 on: April 29, 2020, 03:18:35 PM »
JP don't really link back to known stars compared to VB 6

Reported in 1.8, tested now in 1.9

Link to the 1.8 post (I hope) http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10990.msg128854#msg128854

Did the same thing in 1.9. Got a few more loops this time around.  4 - 5, but doesn't seem correct still.
Count isn't exact as I've haven't bothered with lining the galaxy map up to count, since it seems like same situation as 1.8

Stopped at 100 systems with a lot of JP remaining and a 50 system limit.

Btw: are the system in the Galactic Map supposed to f... off to infinity if you don't manually organize them?
Might be something to do with SM'ing JP exploration, as the the map started of nice and grid like.

I also tried this with real stars in 1.8, didn't make the cut to post it. Same result as above. 4 - 5 loops. Manually stopped at 100 systems with a 50 system limit and plenty of JPs left.

You should have about 1 system in 15 connect to an existing system (same as VB6), except when there are less than 10 systems in the game, so with 100 systems you should have about 6 connections to existing systems, which it sounds like you have.

Why 1 in 15?
Doesn't the chance of any given jump point connecting to an existing system depend on how many systems you have already explored (as well as the game settings)?

Supposing the default settings are used (50%/15), you are in a 100 max system game, and you have explored one system (B) outside your home.
There is a 50% chance that B was generated as local to Sol, and 50% it was non local.

If you explore another jump point from Sol, that jump point has the same 50/50 chance.
Wouldn't the odds that the second jump point connects to B be the sum of these:

odds they are both local * odds of randomly selecting the same system local to Sol twice.
odds they are both not-local * odds of randomly selecting the same system not-local to Sol twice.
odds exactly one is local * odds of randomly selecting a specific local system with a random selection from all possible systems.

or:
1/4 * 1/30  (a local system ID could be anywhere from Sol-15 to Sol+15, excluding Sol itself)
+
1/4 * 1/99 (a not-local system ID could be anywhere from 1 to 100, excluding Sol itself)
+
1/2 * 1/99
_____
= ~1.59%

I was replying on a known systems game. I agree that for random stars there should be a better method. I won't fix it for the next version, but I will add it to the 'to do' list.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #153 on: April 29, 2020, 03:35:20 PM »
I have *no idea* what u are talking about as separators and you mean screen resolution or screen size, as in the hardware? Because im using a notebook.

In some countries one thousand and a half is written as 1,000.5 and in others as 1.000,5.

Aurora only works with the first version. The second will cause errors.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #154 on: April 29, 2020, 04:05:57 PM »
Minor: Loading Troops from a fleet using fighters with troop bays (has cargo shuttles on the main ship) causes the error

The function number

The complete error text
Function #2773: Object Reference Not Set To An Instance of An Object

The window affected
Tactical Map

What you were doing at the time
Stepping forward time after giving an order for my four troop carriers to load troops from my carrier

Conventional or TN start
TN Start

Random or Real Stars
Real

Is your decimal separator a comma?
No

Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?
Easy to reproduce, attached below is the DB and all you have to do is tell the fleet "Raven "Black" Squadron" to load any troops from the "Earth Carrier Strike Group Alpha" and wait

The troop carriers have insufficient space to load. The bug was in the event generated by that situation. Fixed now.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #155 on: April 29, 2020, 04:07:48 PM »
Locked for new version.