Author Topic: Surveys: geological = commercial, gravitational = military  (Read 1735 times)

Offline MoonDragon (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • M
Surveys: geological = commercial, gravitational = military
« on: January 19, 2010, 05:52:15 PM »
So I was generating my survey ships in 4.82 and it turns out that the geological survey sensor is happy to be installed into a commercial design, while the gravitational survey sensor turns the same design into a military one.

Is this by design, or a bug? I tried searching the boards but the search engine is not entirely helpful on such generic terms.
(@)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Surveys: geological = commercial, gravitational = military
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 07:00:35 PM »
Quote from: "MoonDragon"
So I was generating my survey ships in 4.82 and it turns out that the geological survey sensor is happy to be installed into a commercial design, while the gravitational survey sensor turns the same design into a military one.

Is this by design, or a bug? I tried searching the boards but the search engine is not entirely helpful on such generic terms.
This is by design. The rationale is that gravitational sensors help you expand and search for aliens (and fight a war by finding new avenues of attack) while geological sensors are only useful within known space.

Steve

Offline MoonDragon (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • M
Re: Surveys: geological = commercial, gravitational = military
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 07:10:05 PM »
Excellent. I figured it would be something like that, but just wanted to double check. Thanks for the prompt reply, Steve.
(@)