Author Topic: Games like Aurora  (Read 6786 times)

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Games like Aurora
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2016, 11:37:30 AM »
You mean from the game developer, or ingame?
The developer is gaining progress really slow, but is understandable. Patches come about in every 6 months, but unless what Steve does, there is rarely 'visible' change to any core mechanic. As said, I doubt there will be much more, but I always check in periods of a couple months, because I really would want something with this nice officer system to function.

Ingame speed depends entirely on you, as you can fast forward as much as you like. If you know what to do, you can play through a story mode in an afternoon I guess, though you wouldn't see all possible tech. There is also a pacing problem near the end, where the last fight is suddenly really challenging, so you need to build up fleet for forever unless you sport some unconventional attack plan.(you can chose out of a couple strategies in the end)
My few games lasted maybe around 12-20 hours though, because I always want to do and colonize everything. One time I tried to get an Neutronium plated Battleship at the end of a game. ...That added +100% game time by itself just for this, because the stuff is incredibly rare.(it's not even really worth it..)
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2016, 05:15:19 PM »
I actually played the Demo last night till I ran out of the 2 hour time limit,  then bought the game,  it's actually really engaging,  though I'm struggling with designing a light cruiser with a power plant that actually fits in the hull (bizarrely even building a cruiser with the same loadout as a Destroyer, the Cruiser ends up oversize!)

but since I've only played about 5 hours I'm still on the steep end of the learning curve,  my limitations so far seem to be getting enough low ranked officers to fill the bridge positions!
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline CaptainEarth

• Leading Rate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2016, 09:30:20 AM »
I know it's an older topic, but if you like the Dwarf Fortress Adventure mode it's worth checking out cataclysm dark days ahead.  It's a zombie/survival game in the same style as DF and just as in depth!

Offline ardem

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2016, 11:47:33 PM »
This thread is never to die so no apologies. Still not much in the way of detail orientated games out there.

http://gazettereview.com/2016/04/games-like-dwarf-fortress/

This is the latest link but none is even close.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51