Author Topic: Resolution Fixes  (Read 24528 times)

Offline viperfan7

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • v
Re: Resolution Fixes
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 11:48:52 AM »
well time to go hard mode, I'm going to try to get aurora to work on a netbook, 1024*600 resolution, think it can be done?

Offline georgiaboy1966

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 06:52:50 PM »
well time to go hard mode, I'm going to try to get aurora to work on a netbook, 1024*600 resolution, think it can be done?

I have done it. if you are running windows XP, you can do it by expanding the screen resolution to the needed size.
If ysing windows 7, then you need a work-around program. I will check when I get home to see which one I used. It was a program for testing other operations software.
Glen

Been a player since the Beta of SA, 1993?

"Constructive criticism is never a bad comment"
-Me

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."
- Socrates

Offline Trent

• Leading Rate
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 04:23:23 AM »
I have a Windows Vista laptop with a 1366x768 screen size

I tried to extend the resolution (with the first method), but the box "hide modes that this monitor cannot display" which allow me to try an higher resolution, is grey (and not accessible). 

So, is there a solution to access this box ? I search for this but I don't find any solution.  They just explain that it's maybe not a good thing for the screen or the graphic card.

Offline viperfan7

• v
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 11:58:49 AM »
I have done it. if you are running windows XP, you can do it by expanding the screen resolution to the needed size.
If ysing windows 7, then you need a work-around program. I will check when I get home to see which one I used. It was a program for testing other operations software.

please do, stupid thing is running windows 7 starter edition, and I haven't found any programs that would allow me to scroll the desktop

Offline georgiaboy1966

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 12:39:51 PM »
The Program is VMware, is a program for IT people to run multiply operating systems on the same computer. Unfortunatly, it does not replace your normal operating system, so it dividesthe memory between both systems.

You will have Vista/W7 running in the backgroud, with VM running on top, but seperate.
Glen

Been a player since the Beta of SA, 1993?

"Constructive criticism is never a bad comment"
-Me

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."
- Socrates

Offline viperfan7

• v
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 11:52:08 PM »
I don't think this netbook would have enough RAM to be able to run any OS in VM ware except for maybe some light weight linux distros
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 04:57:55 PM by viperfan7 »

Offline LoSboccacc

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2012, 04:58:23 PM »
please do, stupid thing is running windows 7 starter edition, and I haven't found any programs that would allow me to scroll the desktop

AltMove

Offline anonguy

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • a
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2014, 01:09:37 PM »
my monitor size is 1440x900 I can see everything just fine accept for "assign" button and things in its place when the window is as big as the govoner screen. . . . . I am not sure how to fix this as I have not gotten the dual monitor fix thing to work

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2014, 09:15:15 PM »
Did you turn on "reduced size windows?"
Your screen resolution is the same as mine and the main problem I have is the task groups screen cuts off the bottom buttons, but I can drag the window up a few pixels from the title bar which shows the top half of them( the pop up tool tips help here"
I should note that you need to drag your task  bar to one side to get extra screen height, also one problem is that the new order template covers up the current cargo window.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Kentucky6996

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • K
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2014, 03:20:13 AM »
i have 1280x1024 screen resolution however the right side of the game doesn't show.  it's cut off.  any work around? i'm trying out the VM route now but any way to get it to run on my native os? win 7 64bit

Offline Griswel

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2014, 12:59:00 PM »
i have 1280x1024 screen resolution however the right side of the game doesn't show.  it's cut off.  any work around? i'm trying out the VM route now but any way to get it to run on my native os? win 7 64bit

I did it for having 768 top to bottom, but the little program AltMove solved my issues.  It takes a little more work to get some things done, and resizing windows makes some things disappear, which was inconvenient for me and might be more serious for you.  But it's real easy to DL and use and is the only reason I can play on the laptop.

Offline eTo

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • e
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2014, 05:50:13 PM »
There is also this little program called Infinite Screen (hxxp: ynea. futureware. at/)
It can be set up to scroll when pushing with mouse on screen edges, or while holding hotkey.  Works for me better then AltMove.

Offline Tor Cha

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2017, 02:32:58 PM »
After a couple of hours hunting though I found a programme called "GiMe space desktop expander" which allows me to scroll my entire desktop up and down and combined with the reduced height windows option just about makes the game playable phew.

Is that the Complete Program Name?? If so Where did you find it? Can you post a Link to it?