Author Topic: Sign Up  (Read 6921 times)

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« on: May 10, 2011, 10:46:15 PM »
I guess good as anywhere to sign up

Good to go, will be running as a ministerial candidate.

Charles Winston is the name, most people call me 'chuck'.  I believe in this great institution's of government, ever since I was a wee toddler, I was organising my toy soldiers in the representative house of the people, much to the distaste of my career military father. Many a fine policy and writ was issued and great debates were made in those early years.

Later I was involved in the Student Union, it was short lived unfortunately many of the organising body quit, mainly after I point out many of the representative's short comings and how they could improve in creating more rules and regulations around the fine points of there pitiful charter.

Now to this day I put myself forward as a progressive leader and to give joe public the leadership, not just what it deserves but it "demands!"
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 10:54:03 PM by ardem »

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
Re: Sign Up
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 10:23:56 AM »
Happy to take part in this as well. Quite like the idea of inputting into the finances

Offline Detjen

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 03:14:50 AM »
Great to have you Chris you may be looking for work as the Minister of Infrastructure

President - Assigns Research, Alien Diplomacy, Espionage and Ministers.  the president has no direct control but will give tasks to the ministries to accomplish (Need increased mineral output on earth, colonize mars) and can overrule a ministers decision. every five game years there will be a Presidential election.   A president can propose a declaration of war but it requires a majority vote.  A character can only be president twice.  a player cannot be president more than twice in a row.  ( Ardem is the player while his character is Charels Winston.  this means Ardem if he ran for president could be president many times,  just not more than twice in a row.  Charles Winston can only be president for two terms, then Ardem has to invent a new person to be president.   Characters are not a nessesity but they do add to the "story" and give atmosphere.)

Ministries
Minister of Infrastructure - Priorities construction tasks and Ship yard construction
Minister of Military - Arranges and Issues orders to Military Task Forces and Ground forces
Survey Minister - Orders survey teams and fleets,  conducts mineral and system exploration
Commerce Minister - Handles civilian hauling and colonization ships controlled by the government
Minister of Technology - Responsible for the development of new Components (cant assign research but offer suggestions to the president)

Should numbers grow or should the current ministers vote and pass a new law,  tasks may be divided up further (maybe military gets split into space and ground ministers and so on)  

I think to start I will handle the first president Jayne Casey starting the game say 2029 in his last year of office, just to get things rolling,  then we'll have an election and let someone take over starting 2030.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 03:32:12 AM by Detjen »

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 06:02:57 AM »
Who's going to design ships? I'd love to have a minister of design, with other minister having to use whatever was set up.

Anyway, me, Phan Duc Tho, Doctor in Spacial Engineerin from the University of Shangai will nominate myself for the post of Ministry of Commerce. I may not be much of a politician, and I prefer to let Charel Winston stand in the limelight, but I am an hard-corking technocract and should do just fine.

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 08:28:15 AM »
I'd like to play, I'll take the Military Ministry if it's still available.

Offline mavikfelna

• Lieutenant
    • http://www.geocities.com/mavikfelna
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 02:06:51 PM »
Can I be just a random senator? I promise I'll meddle in everyone's affairs and push money around where it's not needed while providing unwanted oversight to every one else's jobs.
;D

--Mav

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 08:00:52 PM »
It is up to the president, what position you get. I suppose if you never politic for a position then it would be random. Also all ministries are as long as the president elections when new ministries are announced.

You may get he same ministry if the presidents deems it so, First President to get the ball rolling is Detjen.

Question on politicing to the president or voting strategies should it be hidden use of private messaging or should it be out in the open on the forums?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 08:04:46 PM by ardem »

Offline Aldaris

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 04:22:54 AM »
Suggestion, it may be interesting to have a person or two filling in the role of the civillian community, throwing all kinds of interesting bits of Plot and Situation and Unrest and so on into the story, as well as perhaps giving the civvie industry a bigger role in the plot.

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 05:50:56 AM »
Well, people with no ministries may be senators representing civies.

Offline TrueZuluwiz

• Zulu
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 11:30:47 AM »
Can I sign up as the sniper who assassinates random Senators and Ministers?
Expecting the Spanish Inquisition

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 01:38:56 AM »
Wrong game for playing assasins, its Junta you should play  ::)
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Detjen

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 03:57:51 PM »
I think votes should be private just like in real life.   then no one knows who makes the votes.  and yea if you dont want a ministry position you can easly just be a pain and mettle wherever you want,  or rep the "civilian population"    as for who designs ships I was gonna let it be a free for all.   you can make your own ship company and suggest designs, the ones that get put into the game are the ones chosen by the Minister for that role.    so everyone can build their own battleship but the militiary advisor will be the one who chooses the design.

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 09:07:28 PM »
Not sure does these forums have hidden poll options, where to you poll but it is hidden until a certain date, that would be a good way for voting.

Offline vergeraiders

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 02:12:03 PM »
This sounds interesting. I'd throw my name in the hat for survey ministry to start.

Offline vergeraiders

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2011, 02:24:41 PM »
Should numbers grow or should the current ministers vote and pass a new law,  tasks may be divided up further (maybe military gets split into space and ground ministers and so on)  

If the game get to the point of having realistic sectors of 4+? HI 0 planets and several feeder systems, the sector govenors could be PC's with subornates.