Author Topic: v11 Rules  (Read 4020 times)

Offline dalord0 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
v11 Rules
« on: June 16, 2011, 04:08:36 PM »
I was looking at the new rules (Thanks btw :)) and having a look at the new system creation rules I have a few questions about the minerals on a planet:-

• With the minerals do you roll once on the table for each mineral type then add the MI for each mineral together and multiply by the rating?
  • With the rating do you roll for each mineral type, and if so which do you use for the MI?

I also think that you could add a few step by step examples in the system creation area.

Cheers,
Dalord

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: v11 Rules
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 05:36:36 PM »
I was looking at the new rules (Thanks btw :)) and having a look at the new system creation rules I have a few questions about the minerals on a planet:-

• With the minerals do you roll once on the table for each mineral type then add the MI for each mineral together and multiply by the rating?
  • With the rating do you roll for each mineral type, and if so which do you use for the MI?

I also think that you could add a few step by step examples in the system creation area.

Cheers,
Dalord

Each mineral type is rolled for separately. Heavy Metals, Non-Metallic, Industrial, and Radioactives. Each gets its own abundance and rating. So you can have Motherlode for Heavy Metals and Scarce for Non-Metallics. The MI is one value for the planet and is added up as you roll on various tables. Ratings are rolled for each mineral type also.

If you look on page 71, Exploitation Index; you should see how it works. Each mineral category provides its rating x 10 in EI. That gets multiplied by the Industrial Index (which is 1 unless you do some research). If you roll 26 on a Motherlode Heavy Metals, the EI is 260. The EV is the EI x MI. EV is used for taxes. So you'll have four EI values (one for each mineral), and one EV (the 4 EI added and multiplied by MI).

As for examples, those will probably be the tail end of things. Once I stop tweaking and fixing items, I'll put in examples.