Author Topic: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?  (Read 263781 times)

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
Re: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?
« Reply #330 on: July 28, 2012, 12:30:47 AM »
A Geo Team on Luna has made atleast FOURTEEN straight discoveries, and counting, only Corbomite and Boronide haven't been found in any serious amounts.

Offline Bouchart

• Petty Officer
  • B
« Reply #331 on: July 28, 2012, 04:41:11 PM »
Among other things, I finally finished researching Active Grav Sensor Strength 180 and Collapsium Armor.   This game has gone on for 184 years.

Offline MrAnderson

• Registered
  • Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • M
« Reply #332 on: July 29, 2012, 11:13:18 AM »
I've started my first game in forever. Generated a solar system with 1 habitable and another cost 3 breathable iceball, I'm four years in so far. I have 2 geo survey ships, 2 freighters, and a colony ship. I have a 1 million person colony on the cost 3, and 4 terraforming installations on it. Civilians have 4 colony ships and 3 freighters. It's one of my best starts, then again, I usually play conventional starts.

Offline icecoldblood

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #333 on: August 10, 2012, 03:11:43 AM »
I have this hub system with 10(!) jump points 2 jumps from sol. I've explored 7 of them. So one fine day as my geosurvey ship was returning from one of the systems beyond it, it noticed a jump gate on jump point 8, which was unexplored. It wasn't there the last time one of my ships was in system and I never saw the builder. But then, my survey ships have crappy TH sensors. Please don't let it be a bull-headed, guns-ablazing NPR.

Offline Shininglight

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #334 on: August 10, 2012, 04:29:43 AM »
I have this hub system with 10(!) jump points 2 jumps from sol. I've explored 7 of them. So one fine day as my geosurvey ship was returning from one of the systems beyond it, it noticed a jump gate on jump point 8, which was unexplored. It wasn't there the last time one of my ships was in system and I never saw the builder. But then, my survey ships have crappy TH sensors. Please don't let it be a bull-headed, guns-ablazing NPR.

Why not? It's sooooo much easier if they declare war n you first, i tend to try and justify my actions and 10 years of irritating them and blowing up the occasional "pirate" of theirs. Though I tend to only fight smaller nprs in their home system.... with lot's of 9000 ton destroyers. Still,wheres the fun if you can't give yourself a reason I.E hostile first contact, for overmilitarising your terriories and aquiring billions o alien slaves.
Admiral Damien James Winter, Defender of the Proxima Gate.

Offline icecoldblood

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #335 on: August 10, 2012, 05:36:35 AM »

Why not? It's sooooo much easier if they declare war n you first, i tend to try and justify my actions and 10 years of irritating them and blowing up the occasional "pirate" of theirs. Though I tend to only fight smaller nprs in their home system.... with lot's of 9000 ton destroyers. Still,wheres the fun if you can't give yourself a reason I.E hostile first contact, for overmilitarising your terriories and aquiring billions o alien slaves.
I jumped in aaaaaaaaand
nobody's home. jump gate on the other side and another one on another jump point. I'm gonna be keeping an eye on this system for a while...

Offline Bouchart

• Petty Officer
  • B
« Reply #336 on: August 10, 2012, 06:00:06 PM »
I started a new game in a fairly small galaxy, and I met two NPRs who are very friendly with me but at war with each other.   They give me free tech and I salvage their wrecked ships.   It's win-win!

Offline jseah

• Captain
  • j
« Reply #337 on: August 16, 2012, 09:11:24 PM »
Sensei Shirane Rokuemon:
Admin rating 12
Research Bonus 65% (Power and Propulsion)
Political Reliability 60%

Not only must he be a research superstar (seriously, a 60 lab scientist with 65% bonus in P&P?!?  The only way it could be better is if his specialization was C&P), he's also a celebrity?

People's stat point assignments seem pretty random. 

Offline ShadowLop

• Chief Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #338 on: August 17, 2012, 03:02:20 AM »
Mining fleet is about 20b km out on a comet.  Corundum trickling in from Titania.  First super-miner almost complete on Earth >:D.
300,000t of asteroid-devouring ship - 50 miners, 20 Magneto engines.

In other news, first missile ships performed admirably, even when warping in on top of a beam-armed (probably precursor) warship. . .

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
« Reply #339 on: August 17, 2012, 04:55:56 AM »
In the middle of a long and painful war on the home planet of the Dutchy of feather. My 30 Battalions of assault infantry have fought for close to 6 months in order to defeat the Dutchy's own forces but now lack the numbers to force a defeat of the planet.

The fleet has stayed close to the planet, concious of the shipyards that have been left intact, leaving the entry jump point unguarded. This has proven to be a costly mistake as the relief troops sent in to bolster those already on the ground has just been ambushed by a lone hostile ship that was missed in the original assault. The fleet has had to sit by helplessly as the troop carriers (the empires entire troop lift capacity) with some 20 battalions of mobile infantry and assault infantry are ripped apart by continuous rail gun fire.

The empire is now scrambling to replace the troop carriers and train new troops before the dutchy is able to train more of their own troops and launch new ships. Meanwhile in retaliation for the attack the empire has just engaged and destroyed 15 of the Dutchy's own freighters....

Offline Marski

• Commander
« Reply #340 on: August 19, 2012, 08:11:14 AM »
Should I be worried?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #341 on: August 19, 2012, 10:59:49 AM »
Should I be worried?

It's continuing the message above it.

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #342 on: August 19, 2012, 12:31:04 PM »
No, it's the 50000 maintenance supplies.  lol

Offline Marski

• Commander
« Reply #343 on: August 20, 2012, 01:07:09 AM »
No, it's the 50000 maintenance supplies.  lol
It's just the 68 000 ton Kirov I - class Battlecruiser

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #344 on: August 20, 2012, 08:34:18 AM »
I really hope that 5.7 offers us provisions for absurdly sized military craft without needing to game the system.

Your Kirov I, is it a functional bit of hardware or just RP fun?