Author Topic: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?  (Read 265919 times)

Offline Whitecold

• Commander
  • W
Re: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?
« Reply #705 on: September 02, 2014, 01:03:03 PM »
There's almost always some shortage, but I'm curious: How did your fleets eat up all your fuel if you haven't met any aliens?

Offline ComradeMicha

• Chief Petty Officer
  • King of the Mushroom Cloud
« Reply #706 on: September 02, 2014, 01:25:42 PM »
There's almost always some shortage, but I'm curious: How did your fleets eat up all your fuel if you haven't met any aliens?
Fleet training exercises mostly. I didn't watch the fuel status as I was used to this not being an issue, but apparently in the latest version something changed dramatically.
In hindsight, I should have wondered why my average light cruiser would need to have a 5 million litres fuel tank to get 100 days worth of cruising... :D
"Those who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.  " - Sir Isaac Asimov

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #707 on: September 03, 2014, 07:08:42 AM »
Yep, had the exact same thing happen to me. My fleet was grounded for aalmost ten years, but now I have an annual 40 million litres worth of fuel harvesters in orbit around Jupiter... Unfortunately, by now I have run out of several minerals, so the next crisis is at hand... Same as you, I haven't met a single alien race yet, at currently 32 explored systems... :/

With Aurora 6.43 there are only sorium and fuel shortages. I used to build terraformers, now I build fuel harvesters and research fuel efficiency as a priority! The only good thing I have noticed is that NPRs starting on Earth do not appear to survey that much faster than the player race but do like long chains beyond the player race's endurance. Player race surveyed 86 sytems, the NPRs 71 and 95, Precursors hurt them and one is in a war of attrition neither side can win. ;D
IanD

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #708 on: September 14, 2014, 06:59:05 AM »
>started new multi-national Earth start
>playing as a European Union
>African Union, Pan Asian Confederation, Soviet Russia and United States of Americas are all friendly with me.
>they all have been made by me, and they were almost the same - TN , ~500 mil ppl, 0 RP, no shipyards but some more labs
>Earth has ample amount of every resource
>Asian Confederation is the only one actually evolving and producing anything
>Asians have more than 30 ships in orbit, missile ships, something that i think is small cargo ship etc.
>meanwhile every other nation ( beside me ) has only 4 sensor outposts ( two different classes ) and that game has been going for more than 25 years now.

Not that im afraid of having only one enemy when smeg will hit the fan finally ( only 50 years of truce ) but im really curious if anyone knows why those other nations are so passive ..
Did anyone had some problems with this ??
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline Porjate

• Leading Rate
« Reply #709 on: September 17, 2014, 08:24:21 AM »
My main combat group is currently getting harassed by endless salvoes of AMM and ASM from multiple directions while en route to a suspected munitions stockpile.    Fortunately, unlike the previous two times this has happened, the salvoes never go above 15 missiles in size.    It's almost enough to make me wish I developed higher power engines for my ships, but the increased operational range suits the emptiness of my sector more.   
It certainly seems every hostile encounter I go into, I end up designing new ships to replace what has turned out ineffective.    Last time I built larger anti-missile frigates they ended up getting overwhelmed by a swarm of anti-missiles from a single ship.   .   .    luckily the AMM frigates in this system launch salvoes of 5 instead of 52. 

Edit: Getting in range of the world, two 18kt contacts have been identified.   If last time is anything to go by, that potentially means more than 100 missiles per salvo.  .  .   much fun shall be had. 

New Edit: Somewhere in the process of transporting research labs to a colony with an anomaly, the cargo task group decided to forgo the traditional method of using jump gates and set a direct course for the system. . .  right now they are at 78 billion kilometres from the centre of my home system, and only have 40% fuel left.  Looks like I'll be without my main cargo group for another 472 days. . .
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 11:48:14 PM by Porjate »

Offline Arwyn

• Gold Supporter
  • Commander
  • A
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #710 on: September 20, 2014, 05:22:39 PM »
Just when I thought my Geology team had fallen into a bottomless crevasse;

19th October 2050 12:14:46,Kapteyns Star,The Jefferson Twiddy Geology Team has completed its surface-based geological survey of Eburacum
19th October 2050 12:14:46,Kapteyns Star,Additional deposits of Uridium have been found on Eburacum by the Jefferson Twiddy Geology Team. The total amount available has increased from 68,075 to 9,272,025 tons.
19th October 2050 12:14:46,Kapteyns Star,Additional deposits of Corbomite have been found on Eburacum by the Jefferson Twiddy Geology Team. The total amount available has increased from 165,975 to 16,769,025 tons.
19th October 2050 12:14:46,Kapteyns Star,Additional deposits of Duranium have been found on Eburacum by the Jefferson Twiddy Geology Team. The total amount available has increased from 225,537 to 8,820,000 tons.

This is on top of of 9 jump points, alien ruins, and pretty good minerals.

Needless to say a LOT of freighters and colony ships are inbound to Eburacum now! :)

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #711 on: September 20, 2014, 05:35:35 PM »
Just when I thought my Geology team had fallen into a bottomless crevasse;

19th October 2050 12:14:46,Kapteyns Star,The Jefferson Twiddy Geology Team has completed its surface-based geological survey of Eburacum
19th October 2050 12:14:46,Kapteyns Star,Additional deposits of Uridium have been found on Eburacum by the Jefferson Twiddy Geology Team. The total amount available has increased from 68,075 to 9,272,025 tons.
19th October 2050 12:14:46,Kapteyns Star,Additional deposits of Corbomite have been found on Eburacum by the Jefferson Twiddy Geology Team. The total amount available has increased from 165,975 to 16,769,025 tons.
19th October 2050 12:14:46,Kapteyns Star,Additional deposits of Duranium have been found on Eburacum by the Jefferson Twiddy Geology Team. The total amount available has increased from 225,537 to 8,820,000 tons.

This is on top of of 9 jump points, alien ruins, and pretty good minerals.

Needless to say a LOT of freighters and colony ships are inbound to Eburacum now! :)

I think those dudes on a survey ship need their eyesight checked... *little underestimation* my ass...
Im mad jelly bro.. my geo teams managed to only improve acc of ONE mineral on 4 of my Sol mining planets... by whole 0.1 point, from 0.7 to 0.8...
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.

Offline JOKER

• Chief Petty Officer
  • J
« Reply #712 on: September 23, 2014, 03:33:55 AM »
Waging a total war against a 800% difficulty NPR.  With a 7000m starting population, I've deployed 20 30kt battleships, about 170 10kt cruisers and 24 light carriers,  won three major battles against them, lost 5 battleships and 18 cruisers but destroyed over 200 enemy vessels and almost pushed into their home system.  This war is consuming my ordnance in a surprising rate, during every battle I launch over 5000 anti-ship missiles, several thousands of AMM, and hundreds of fighter-carried torpedos.  2500 ordnance factories and twelve huge fuel harvesting platforms are supporting my huge fleet, but even this production capability is far from enough.

Offline Sagal

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #713 on: September 23, 2014, 04:18:43 AM »
I've seen you do these fights against almost 1000% difficulty NPR, (thats cool I have to say) but do you have 1 from the start or do you explore until it generates one? I did one 500% I think or so but without any starting NPRs and it was pretty lame or I just had good luck. couple thousand missiles with some self guidance and it ripped their all fleets (military and civilian ones) into pieces. Sorry if that didn't make any sense :D

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #714 on: September 23, 2014, 05:39:11 AM »
I for once got fond of Multi-Nation starts in Sol. Makes for an excellent early game where your small military, slow ships and huge distances makes for a Nexus Jupiter Incident style narration and feeling.

There are 4 nations in my current game ( representing new world powers after 3 World War ) and its really nice to see Sol bustling with activity, with ships, sensor emmisions and heat signatures moving all around the system, colonies etc ( even if it makes the game slow down to a crawl ).

Terraforming of Ganymedes ( my only colony with ppl so far - feeding off minerals from Merkury and Europa ) goes on in full force, with temp already risen by at least 30 degree and in rather funny twist Gany has more workers available than Earth ;). I have other colony in Sigma Draconis system but its empty apart from automines and Mass Drivers because im focusing on Gany for the time being.

Islamic Caliphate is the only other nation with colonies ( both Mars and Moon, some comets and one or two moons - Mars is completely devoid of TN minerals ) so far ...  i have made every NPR the same but IC is clearly evolving faster and has a large military force, much larger than Pan Asian Union and United States of American Nations ( shameless ripoff from Steve's TN campaign - im sorry already :( ) which troubles me because truce countdown just finished and for 50 years those guys stayed neutral to me despite me allowing them trade access :/

Eventual war can get bloody because of the sheer size of Islamic forces event if they are somewhat low tech.

And of course i've run into Swarm and lost 3 of my Copernicus - D class exploration ships :(

Offline JOKER

• Chief Petty Officer
  • J
« Reply #715 on: September 23, 2014, 10:34:14 PM »
Quote from: Sagal link=topic=3808. msg76074#msg76074 date=1411463923
I've seen you do these fights against almost 1000% difficulty NPR, (thats cool I have to say) but do you have 1 from the start or do you explore until it generates one? I did one 500% I think or so but without any starting NPRs and it was pretty lame or I just had good luck.  couple thousand missiles with some self guidance and it ripped their all fleets (military and civilian ones) into pieces.  Sorry if that didn't make any sense :D

I've once fight against a 400%, one decisive battle and they are out of game.  In this battle, I generated 20 systems at all and have one NPR from the start.  They have some end-game tech, like armor, laser wavelength and turret tracking.  D9 missile are almost useless, and 50 or more D16 are needed to guarantee a kill against a single ship.

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #716 on: September 26, 2014, 03:37:46 PM »
I've discovered new system of Parsifal... it has two asteroid belts and the furthest asteroid from the second one is .... well just look at the attached pic...

This has to be some kind of record ...

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #717 on: September 26, 2014, 03:56:42 PM »
It might be a record for a unitary system, but that's not that big overall.  Its not uncommon to see those distances in binary or trinary systems.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #718 on: October 08, 2014, 12:31:37 AM »
I might have overbuilt a bit... 2 of my terraform fleets went back to Earth for some repairs and R&R... At the moment there are 618 terraform installations in orbit....
In 6 months they will all leave for a system with 7 prime candidates for terraform, most of them will be farming comunities but one of them have the greatest concentration of Duranium ever discovered...
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Ixeziel

• Leading Rate
  • I
« Reply #719 on: October 08, 2014, 01:39:38 PM »
I have lost too many power/propulsion scientists have accidents researching fuel efficiency that I'm now thinking that I should avoid researching that until I have at least two, just in case one has an accident.